SRAM1 and SRAM2 memory value retains even after power mode is turned off

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
eswaran
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello Experts,

I am working on deepsleep mode for traveo ii and I am trying to power off the SRAM 1 and 2. Before powering off I have just written a data under SRAM 1 and 2 memory to check whether the contents are lost after power off. But I observed that the contents written still remains even though the power for the particular SRAM is configured off.

Can you please support me on this. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kavya_B
100 replies posted 10 likes given 25 solutions authored

Hello @eswaran ,

Could you please configure 'PWR_MODE' fields in registers CPUSS_RAM1_PWR_CTL and CPUSS_RAM2_PWR_CTL registers to 0x0 (OFF) before transitioning to deep sleep mode and check the behavior?

Please refer to section 'RAM Retention Configuration' in Architecture TRM document for details.

Thanks,

Kavya

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Kavya_B

Hello @eswaran ,

Could you please configure 'PWR_MODE' fields in registers CPUSS_RAM1_PWR_CTL and CPUSS_RAM2_PWR_CTL registers to 0x0 (OFF) before transitioning to deep sleep mode and check the behavior?

Please refer to section 'RAM Retention Configuration' in Architecture TRM document for details.

Thanks,

Kavya

0 Likes
eswaran
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello @Kavya_B 

I have configured the power mode as 0 and proceeded but still the value retains there in that particular address. I have done this for RAM2_PWR_CTL. after wakeup.pngduring sleep.png

0 Likes
Kavya_B

Hello @eswaran ,

Do you see that only at address 0x28040000 the value is getting retained even if you power off (CPUSS_RAM2_PWR_CTL.PWR_MODE = 0), but no other location in SRAM1 or SRAM2 do not retain the data with this configuration? Please clarify.

Thanks,

Kavya

0 Likes
chey
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

If data cache is enabled, you might be looking at cache contents and not actual SRAM contents

0 Likes