SRAM interface - ECC Error Injection mechanism

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LorenzoCalzolar
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I'm asking support for the ECC Error Injection into SRAM, in order to implement a RAM test for a safety function. The chapter 10.3.3 of Technical Reference Manual report the following instruction, to generate a fault:

The fault reporting structure for ECC faults can be debugged through an SRAM controller ECC parity injection mechanism.
This mechanism functions as follows:
■ ECC injection is enabled through CPUSS_RAMx_CTL0.ECC_INJ_EN (for SRAM controller x).
■ A word address is specified by CPUSS_ECC_CTL.WORD_ADDR[23:0]
(CPUSS_ECC_CTL.WORD_ADDR = (0x00FFFFFF & (RAM_TEST_ADDRESS>>2))).
■ A 8-bit parity is specified by CPUSS_ECC_CTL.PARITY[7:0].
When a write transfer to the specified word address is performed, the ECC parity generation uses the specified 8-bit parity,
rather than the calculated parity. The data still originates from the bus transfer. Any access size can be used to inject parity.

So, based on these indications, i define a RamTest variable, and write its address on CPUSS_ECC_CTL.WORD_ADDR (where to inject the error):

CYREG_CPUSS_ECC_CTL->stcField.u24WORD_ADDR = (0x01FFFFFF & ((uint32_t)&u64_VfSelfTest_RAMTest>>2));

write a parity to inject as an error:

CYREG_CPUSS_ECC_CTL->stcField.u8PARITY = 0x5A;

enable the injection:

CYREG_CPUSS_RAM0_CTL0->stcField.u1ECC_INJ_EN = 1u;

and at least write and read the variables, to generate error, wich should be reported by fault reporting structure (FAULT_STRUCT_STATUS, Description: Fault status, Address: 0x4021000C). But at the moment the FAULT_STRUCTx_STATUS.VALID still remains set to ‘0’ (no fault) and no fault interrput is generate.

What is wrong?

Thanks for the support

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi LorenzoCalzolar,

Please try the attached example project based on SDL 7.5.0 (I tested on CYT4BF device on CM7 core, but it should work on CYT3DL also. You may need to modify a little for port-pin mapping depending on your board however).

Regards,

Ashish

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi LorenzoCalzolar,

Can you please tell the part number of the device (is it TVII- BE or BH product?). I think you should shift by 3 (RAM_TEST_ADDRESS>>3) for body-high device (CYT3B/4B). As far as your use case is concerned (ECC error injection for SRAM)- there is already example in the SDL- you can refer to that for your reference.

Thanks,

Ashish

PREVIEW

0 Likes

Hi Ashish,

the part number of device is CY3DL.

Thanks for the support

0 Likes

Sorry, where I could find example?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi LorenzoCalzolar,

Please try the attached example project based on SDL 7.5.0 (I tested on CYT4BF device on CM7 core, but it should work on CYT3DL also. You may need to modify a little for port-pin mapping depending on your board however).

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes