Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PradeepCool
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 questions asked 10 replies posted
In CYT2CL, Is it possible to control the SCB configured in one core(CM0+) by other(CM4) including the relevant peripheral interrupt?
0 Likes
6 Replies
Shubham_D
10 likes received First question asked 50 solutions authored

Hello @PradeepCool ,

To better understand your query, could you please confirm the following details:

1. Do you intend to configure and initialize SCB for a specific protocol from the core (CM0/CM4)?

2. Are you looking to perform protocol-related operations from one of the remaining core (CM0/CM4)?

Please note that only one protocol can be supported by an SCB at any given time. 

It would be helpful if you could provide a brief overview of your use case.

Thanks,
Shubham

Hi @Shubham_D ,

Sorry for the late reply... Yes my intention was to initiate the SPI in one core CM4 and do the data transfer from other core cm0+ with DMA to an external controller. Where the data to be transferred is copied from CM4 to CM0+ through IPC Communication. Is it feasible? as we couldn't meet up certain timings hence planning to execute certain transfers parallelly between the cores.

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Likes

Hi @Shubham_D 

Is this design approach feasible?

Thanks,

Pradeep

0 Likes
Shubham_D
10 likes received First question asked 50 solutions authored

Hello @PradeepCool ,

My apologies for delayed updates.

I kindly request additional time as I am currently working on your query. I will provide you with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Shubham

0 Likes

Hi @Shubham_D 

Thankyou for your support. Kindly let me know once you are done with your analysis.

0 Likes
Reza_A
250 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi @PradeepCool,

Please allow me to confirm your use case:
1. Initiate SPI from CM4
2. Send data from CM4 to CM0 using IPC
3. In the IPC Notification Interrupt in CM0P, retrieve the data from IPC and trigger DMA to send data to SCB TX buffer using DMA

If your use case is as describe above, then yes, your use case is feasible. But, you would need to evaluate the timing to see if it satisfies your exact requirement.

I hope this helps. Thank you. 
Best regards.

0 Likes