Regarding to the TraveoII Work falsh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JackHsu_1153471
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 50 sign-ins First like received

Hi ,

Good day.

I have a questions about read blank work flash through SWD.

I found there is different behavior while CYT2B7xx/CYT4BBxx series read blank work flash.

For CYT4BB/BL series : it is able to read out the random (spurious) data from work flash.

For CYT2B7/BL series : it is unable to read out the random data, and it always shows ACK fault of SWD.

I want to know it is possible to set up CYT2B7's register to make the behavior is same as CY4BB series?

in other words, I hope CYT2B7/BL is able to be read random data if work flash is blank.

Thank you.

Jack

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Jack,

All devices will behave in similar manner. You can check if FLASHC.WORK_ECC_EN is set or not. Note that as said earlier, reading blank WorkFlash region will lead to ECC fault- so if the ECC check is disabled then fault is not generated- and this results in spurious data being read.  

Ashish_0-1655966489268.png

Thanks,

Ashish

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Jack,

It's not recommended to read blank region in WorkFlash- it may read spurious data and could lead to ECC fault. If you want to check if a region is blank or not, kindly perform a blank check using the BlankCheck api.

Ashish_0-1655957187229.png

Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your reply.

I know this information as you mention.

Because i face different behaviors on CYT2Bxx series and CYT4Bxxx series, so i'm asking whether a way makes the same behavior. If no, i just ignore it.

Thank you.

Jack

0 Likes

Hi Jack,

All devices will behave in similar manner. You can check if FLASHC.WORK_ECC_EN is set or not. Note that as said earlier, reading blank WorkFlash region will lead to ECC fault- so if the ECC check is disabled then fault is not generated- and this results in spurious data being read.  

Ashish_0-1655966489268.png

Thanks,

Ashish

Hi Ashish,

Thanks for your great support.

I will try to test it because I expect the behavior is same in TraveoII series.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hi Ashish,

Update the status.

I read the register of FLASHC_FLASH_CTL, and the both series is different.

CYT2B7/2BL=> 0x00110000

CYT4BB/4BF => 0x01010000

This is why the behavior is different. 

Then, i have set the value  0x01010000 to CTY2Bxxx series to make the behavior is same as CYT4Bxxx series.

Thanks for your great support.

Jack