Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sabaanjums
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

We have Production programming with CYT2B95CAE controller and everything is working well.

We have referred its Datasheet and User manual but did not get clear information on typical time for reading certain amount of data from Flash.

Could you please let us know the hardware capabilities and the typical time for reading data from Flash for both FlsMaxReadFastMode and FlsMaxReadNormalMode.

Thanks and Regards,

Saba

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

We would like to get some clarifications on your question:

1) You have asked typical time for reading from Flash. Are you reading from CodeFlash or WorkFlash?

2)Are you reading direct from memory or using some API?

3) What is the context of "FlsMaxReadFastMode" and "FlsMaxReadNormalMode" here? Could you please clarify more?

Best Regards,

Ashish

0 Likes
sabaanjums
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Ashish,

To Clarify your questions,

1)I mean reading from WorkFlash

2)I am using Fls_Read API

3)FlsMaxReadFastMode is a configuration parameter which defines the maximum number of bytes to read or compare in one cycle of the flash driver's job processing function in fast mode.FlsMaxReadNormalMode is a configuration parameter which defines the maximum number of bytes to read or compare in one cycle of the flash driver's job processing function in normal mode.

So I would want to know what is the typical time to read 4 bytes of data from work flash?

Thanks and Regards,

Saba

0 Likes
SenthilKumar
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hello Saba,

Based on the experience with the CYT2B7 device, I'm sharing my inference below,

Measurement recorded from CM0+ running at 80 MHz frequency.

For read operation of 256 bytes, it takes around ~20 us.

I guess the value of parameters "FlsMaxReadFastMode" and "FlsMaxReadNormalMode"  should be chosen based on the project requirement.

Thanks,

Senthil.

0 Likes