Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
pdnr7
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

While performing Deep sleep, before entering sleep Protocol error in arbitration layer detected bit in MTTCAN->IR register is reset, but after coming out of sleep this bit is set, what could be the possible issue in this case

error.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
Reza_A
250 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi @pdnr7,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Could you kindly refer to sub-section Power Down (Sleep Mode) in the CAN FD Controller section of your device's Architecture TRM? This sub-section provides the information on how to set your M_TTCAN channel into power down mode by configuring the Clock Stop Request bit (CANFDx_CTL.STOP_REQ). Please kindly follow the provided instruction on setting M_TTCAN channel into power down prior to entering DeepSleep and also how to leave the power down mode after coming out of DeepSleep.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Reza_A

Hi @pdnr7,

I will be checking this.

I will update this thread as soon as possible.
Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Reza_A

Hi @pdnr7,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Could you kindly refer to sub-section Power Down (Sleep Mode) in the CAN FD Controller section of your device's Architecture TRM? This sub-section provides the information on how to set your M_TTCAN channel into power down mode by configuring the Clock Stop Request bit (CANFDx_CTL.STOP_REQ). Please kindly follow the provided instruction on setting M_TTCAN channel into power down prior to entering DeepSleep and also how to leave the power down mode after coming out of DeepSleep.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.

Best regards.

pdnr7
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Hi @Reza_A 

Thanks for the response!!

I followed these steps in code as per the document:

1. Before entering Deep Sleep, Set the STOP_REQ bit

2. Wait for STOP_ACK to get Set.

3. Enter Deep Sleep.

4. After exiting sleep, Reset STOP_REQ bit

5. Wait for STOP_ACK to Reset

6. CCCR INIT bit to Reset from Ack.

But I am stuck at step 5,  STOP_ACK bit is not getting reset by the hardware. After which CAN also stops working.

For your reference I am using CANFD1, channel 0.

Thank you

0 Likes
Reza_A

Hi @pdnr7,

Thank you for the update!

Kindly refer to the AN220222 - Low-power mode procedure in TRAVEO™ T2G family, section 3.4. CAN wakeup operation. Infineon provides a SDL example code to enter and leave power down mode in the SDL additional code examples. Kindly find the link to download the SDL additional code example code below:
https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.traveoiisampledriverlibrarycodeex

Kindly find the mentioned code example in AN220222_SysPM_DeepSleep -> 3.4_CAN_Wakeup.

If you haven't download SDL yet, kindly find the link to download SDL in the following. I believe it would be beneficial for you to understand the SDL-based APIs used in the example code above, and to test other T2G functionalities. You can compile your code using cmake, kindly follow the instruction provided in cmake -> CMake_Readme, in the Prerequisites section.
https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.traveoiisampledriverlibrary

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

0 Likes