Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
basavaraj-emmi
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I would like to know what should be the current ratings in each low power modes for for the TV2 CYT4BB 4M controller as listed below.
Traveo II family MCUs have the following power modes:
• Active mode: All peripherals are available.
                         What should be the current value?
• Sleep mode: All peripherals except the CPU are available.
• DeepSleep mode: Only low-frequency peripherals are available.

• Hibernate mode: Device and I/O states are frozen.

At present I am getting below values in each mode.

Controller mode

Current consumption Project Board TVII 4M

High power

20.39 mA

Sleep Mode

14.06 mA

Deep Sleep Mode

Current consumption 2.34 mA for 3 seconds then jump back to 20.39 mA

Hibernate Mode

2.27 mA

Could you please let us know what should be the recomended values in each low power modes and what could be the reason for the sudden change in the current in sleep mode?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @basavaraj-emmi 

You can make use of our current consumption estimator to calculate the current for Active/Sleep/DeepSleep/Hibernate power modes. It is an excel worksheet that can be used to estimate the current values according to the user conditions. You can configure the voltage, temperature, peripherals used, package etc. related information and obtain the current values. 

You can join MyICP (which is our collaboration platform for file sharing) to get access to the current consumption estimator. Please follow the steps mentioned on this link - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/#!details. Send an email to 'Traveo@infineon.com', you will receive an email with the further steps.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Apurva_S

Hi @basavaraj-emmi 

You can make use of our current consumption estimator to calculate the current for Active/Sleep/DeepSleep/Hibernate power modes. It is an excel worksheet that can be used to estimate the current values according to the user conditions. You can configure the voltage, temperature, peripherals used, package etc. related information and obtain the current values. 

You can join MyICP (which is our collaboration platform for file sharing) to get access to the current consumption estimator. Please follow the steps mentioned on this link - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/#!details. Send an email to 'Traveo@infineon.com', you will receive an email with the further steps.

Regards.

0 Likes
basavaraj-emmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can I get reference/test code for Sleep Mode, Deep Sleep Mode and Hibernet mode (TV2 CYT4BB 4M controller )

0 Likes
basavaraj-emmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Can anyone help me with this current ratings. My task is in critical stage. 

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi @basavaraj-emmi 

Apologies for the long delay in responding to your question. You can get example codes for different power modes in our SDL (sample driver library). You can download the SDL from here - https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/32-bit-traveo-t2g-arm-cortex-microcontroller...

Regards.

0 Likes