Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Jackson_hwang
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked 25 sign-ins

I am trying to drive a motor with PWM using TRAVEO T2G CYT2B7's MCU, but I have a question.

1. What is the difference between TCPWM for motor control and general TCPWM?

2. I want to use Full Bridge (H-Bridge) to control motors (forward, reverse, speed control, etc.).   Should I use a dedicated TCPWM for motor control or can I use a general TCPWM?

3. Or is it possible to use two (High Side) motor control TCPWMs and two (Low Side) general TCPWMs?

4. Are there any precautions when controlling H-Bridge motors?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Reza_A
25 solutions authored 10 likes given 50 replies posted

Hi @Jackson_hwang,

We have an article about TCPWM 16-bit Motor Control available in following link, it describes the differences between TCPWM 16-bit Motor Control and other TCPWM types, as shown below:

Randriad_0-1691495653962.png

To drive a DC motor with H-bridge configuration, you could use general TCPWM since you wouldn't be needing the additional functionalities that Advanced Motor Control provides.

As a precaution, you would already know this, but please make sure that you don't turn on the high-side and low-side switches of the same leg (A' and B or A and B') at the same time to avoid short circuiting.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Reza_A
25 solutions authored 10 likes given 50 replies posted

Hi @Jackson_hwang,

We have an article about TCPWM 16-bit Motor Control available in following link, it describes the differences between TCPWM 16-bit Motor Control and other TCPWM types, as shown below:

Randriad_0-1691495653962.png

To drive a DC motor with H-bridge configuration, you could use general TCPWM since you wouldn't be needing the additional functionalities that Advanced Motor Control provides.

As a precaution, you would already know this, but please make sure that you don't turn on the high-side and low-side switches of the same leg (A' and B or A and B') at the same time to avoid short circuiting.

I hope this helps.

Best regards.

0 Likes

Thank you for your kind reply.

0 Likes