Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
taegyunahn
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Changnam (South Korea)
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First comment on blog

Hi

I'm using a Traveo II MCU CYT4BF.

I'm trying to connect FCCU of safety pmic called FS26 of NXP and traveo II.

(The FCCU input pins are in charge of monitoring HW failure from the MCU)

The picture below shows how to connect the AURIX MCU to the FCCU.

"Q : I'm wondering how to connect to FCCU using Traveo II MCU CYT4BF."

m_s_v_1-1675989367092.png

Thank you.

MSV

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
abhikul
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hello @taegyunahn 

• In Traveo 2 devices there is an internal PMIC module which is available to control an external PMIC.
  • There are two pins basically used i.e. PMIC_STATUS and PMIC_ EN which are used to monitor the status of an external PMIC.
  • There is a chapter in the TRM of the device (chapter 16 ) which explains about the interfacing of an external PMIC controller to traveo 2 devices. Also refer the image_1 which is taken from that chapter which describes about the interfacing of an external PMIC to traveo 2 device.
  • You can download the architecture TRM of the device from the myicp portal. The link for the myicp portal is: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/MyICP-platform-for-Microcontroller/#Traveo-II-doc...

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
abhikul

Hello MSV,

We have a similar question in one of the thread.

The answer to your question has been stated in the following thread link. Please refer the link for the answer clarification.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/TRAVEO-T2G/How-to-connect-a-pin-on-the-Traveo-II-CYT4BF-to-an-exte...

You can also refer the below image in the pdf format which shows the connection of external regulator with PMIC with Traveo 2 device. This image has been taken from datasheet of the device.

Thanks & Regards

Abhishek Kulkarni

0 Likes
taegyunahn
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Changnam (South Korea)
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted First comment on blog

When checking the datasheet, the EXT_PS_CTLx pin appears to be a pin for checking the error state of the PMIC in the MCU.

The above question is a pin (FCCU) that checks the MCU error state in the PMIC, and when an error occurs in the MCU, the PMIC generates a signal to reset the MCU. Does it mean that I can connect it with the attached web capture image even when using it for this purpose?

The Infineon TLF35584 PMIC is a product similar to the NXP FS26.

Below is a block diagram of the error monitoring pin (ERR) at Infineon TLF35584 PMIC and the SMU of AURIX.

캡처.PNG

How should I connect the MCU Error Monitoring pin of PMIC such as TLF35584 or FS26 to Traveo II?

0 Likes
lock attach
abhikul

Hello @taegyunahn 

• In Traveo 2 devices there is an internal PMIC module which is available to control an external PMIC.
  • There are two pins basically used i.e. PMIC_STATUS and PMIC_ EN which are used to monitor the status of an external PMIC.
  • There is a chapter in the TRM of the device (chapter 16 ) which explains about the interfacing of an external PMIC controller to traveo 2 devices. Also refer the image_1 which is taken from that chapter which describes about the interfacing of an external PMIC to traveo 2 device.
  • You can download the architecture TRM of the device from the myicp portal. The link for the myicp portal is: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/MyICP-platform-for-Microcontroller/#Traveo-II-doc...

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek Kulkarni

0 Likes