How to config the P2B Flexray port of the CYTVII-B-E-BB evaluation board?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Allen_TAO
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I download the SDL of TRAVEO T2G SDK, I use the tviibh8m chip. I run the sample code of FlexRay which is comm_static_dynamic and already see the successful result of flexray0 which is the P2A port of the CYTVII-B-E-BB evaluation board.

But I try to modify the sample code to execute on another FlexRay port which is the P2B port of CYTVII-B-E-BB.

I found that.
(1) the flexray_pin_cfg in the sample code already config the pin of FlexRay A and B which is connected to P2A and P2B of CYTVII-B-E-BB according to the schematic. And the full path from MCU to P2A and P2B is connected.
(2) According to the datasheet of TRAVEO™ T2G CYT4BF.
[1] It only has one FlexRay Interface #0 which is PERI_MS_PPU_FX_FLEXRAY0 and it has already been initiated.
[2] The clock of FlexRay0 clock has already been initiated and that is the total number of FlexRay clocks.
[3] The IRQ of FlexRay0 interrupt #0 and FlexRay0 interrupt #1 has already been initiated and that is the total number of FlexRay IRQ.
(3) I think maybe some information contain in Node1.chi file, but I can't edit it, How can I edit it? Which tool do I need to edit it?

I can't figure out which part of the sample code do I miss to enable another Flexray channel.

Please help me how to enable another Flexray port which is the P2B on CYTVII-B-E-BB.

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chey
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

CYT4BF only has 1 FlexRay IP/instance. As you may know, the FlexRay specifications specify a channel A and B (per IP/instance), which for example can be used to send messages redundantly or increase bandwidth.

1) Not sure what you mean with "line". Typically each FlexRay IP/instance has 2 general purposes IRQ lines and you can arbitrarily assign the IRQ sources to either of the lines.

2) The quoted code snippet assumes that the static segment message is sent redundandtly on channel A and B and hence first checks A for successful reception and would otherwise fallback to checking channel B.

3) Yes it will send the same message redundantly on channel A and B.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Shubham_D
10 likes received First question asked 50 solutions authored

Hi @Allen_TAO ,

Could you please mention SDL version you are using ?

Thanks,
Shubham

0 Likes
Allen_TAO
Level 3
Level 3
10 questions asked 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hi SDESA 

The SDL version is 7.8.0

Thanks

0 Likes
Shubham_D
10 likes received First question asked 50 solutions authored

Hi @Allen_TAO ,

Could you please check configuration for line 0,1 is proper and in active?
Could you please check interrupt configuration?  
You can try with another Flexray board/CANOE-Flexray setup to validate it (.chi is driver config files from third-party).

Thanks,
Shubham

0 Likes

Hi @SDESA 

I do not well understand FlexRay, I have a little confused.

In the comm_static_dynamic example code of SDL

(1) Does Flexray Line0 and Flexray Line1 is for P2A Port and P2B Port on evaluation board ? Or Flexray Line0 and FlexRay Line1 both are for P2A Port use only?

(2) The code below in comm_static_dynamic example code means if it can't read data from channel A = P2A Port then the code will try to read data from channel B = P2B Port. Or do Channel A and Channel B both exist in P2A Port? Do I need to use 2 ports with this example code?

擷取.PNG

(3) When using cy_fr_api_tx_handler_buffer with CY_FR_CHANNEL_A_B, it means the FlexRay controller will try to send data to P2A Port and P2B Port?, Or the channel A and Channel B have no relationship with P2A Port and P2B Port on evaluation board.

SEND.PNG

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
chey
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

CYT4BF only has 1 FlexRay IP/instance. As you may know, the FlexRay specifications specify a channel A and B (per IP/instance), which for example can be used to send messages redundantly or increase bandwidth.

1) Not sure what you mean with "line". Typically each FlexRay IP/instance has 2 general purposes IRQ lines and you can arbitrarily assign the IRQ sources to either of the lines.

2) The quoted code snippet assumes that the static segment message is sent redundandtly on channel A and B and hence first checks A for successful reception and would otherwise fallback to checking channel B.

3) Yes it will send the same message redundantly on channel A and B.

0 Likes