GPIO voltage Level for wake-up interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears.

Now I tried to configure gpio port 6_1 as input, HighZ, CMOS for wake-up interrupt of DeepSleep in CYT2B95CAS. After MCU goes Deepsleep, when I put the signal which has the voltage level of 3V divided by resister divider(Higiside:4K, Lowside:3.3K) from ignition S/W(12V) to this port, MCU got waken up from Deepsleep.

I understood as the following for CMOS drive mode

1. VDDD : 5V

2. Input Voltage High Threshold in CMOS : 0.7 × (VDDD or VDDIO_1 or VDDIO_2) : 3.5V

3. Hysteresis Area : From 1.5V to 3.5V

4. Input Voltage Low Threshold in CMOS : 0.3 × (VDDD or VDDIO_1 or VDDIO_2) : 1.5V

The voltage level of 3V puts to port6_1 is in Hysteresis Area so I believe that is correct MCU should not be waken up by 3V. That means that in the case of voltage leve to port6_1 is more than 3.5V, it's common that MCU should be waken up. Could you review my understanding that is Right or Wrong?

Best regards,

Kevin Han.

0 Likes
1 Solution
yanf
50 replies posted 50 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi Kevin,

Can you further explain how you get the 3V voltage from 12V power supply?

3.3K and 4K resistor dividers seems to give a  5.4V output if put straightforwardly in series connection.

无标题.png

And YES to your next question. Only if input voltage is higher than 3.5V on GPIO pin will a wakeup signal be issued.

Best Regards,

Finn

View solution in original post

3 Replies
yanf

Hi Kevin,

Can you further explain how you get the 3V voltage from 12V power supply?

3.3K and 4K resistor dividers seems to give a  5.4V output if put straightforwardly in series connection.

无标题.png

And YES to your next question. Only if input voltage is higher than 3.5V on GPIO pin will a wakeup signal be issued.

Best Regards,

Finn

WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Finn.

I really appreciate your reply.

That’s my mistake to describe it.

Normally the voltage level of Ignition Battery is 12V as I  told. 

In this case of my measurement, Ignition Battery goes down to 7V so GPIO gets almost 3V.

=> I got your point and need to measure there was transient voltage over 3.5V  that comes GPIO Schmitt trigger out when ignition S/W is on.

Thanks and best regards,

Kevin.

0 Likes
yanf

You are very welcome, Kevin 🙂 

Best Regards,

Finn

0 Likes