External Watchdog Disable in Traveo II CYT2B9 Trace32 *.cmm script file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Pujita
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Everyone, 

I am working on Traveo II series CYT2B93CA microcontroller and my SBC is UJA1169A which has external watchdog for my Microcontroller. I tried using the ARM T32 command SYStem.CONFIG.EXTWDTDIS OFF in order to disable the watchdog but I get an error saying the command is unknown whether I enter it in the .cmm file or the command window of the T32 debugger and moreover once I upload my .cmm file, my core goes into continuous PowerDown and SystemDown mode displaying a cyclic reset and now I am not able to flash any other .elf due to the reset issue. Could anyone please suggest me how to disable the watchdog from the cmm script file or T32 the command window

0 Likes
1 Solution
KB
10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi Pujita,

For the first part of your issue,
that is the "unknown command" error : It looks like issue from debugger side, I think it would be beneficial if you can get help from Lauterbach/TC32 to resolve this issue.
Second part of issue,
"not able to flash due to reset issue" : I did some analysis of UJA1169A  operating modes based on its datasheet, it seems like putting it to Forced Normal Mode would disable the watchdog.
Therefore, you could write a small program to first to trigger the watchdog(to prevent timeout) and the set FNMC bit to disable it  via SPI . If I am correct, the default timeout of Watchdog seems like 128ms. You will have to immediately start flashing as soon as you switch ON the power.

Regards,
KB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
KB
10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hi Pujita,

For the first part of your issue,
that is the "unknown command" error : It looks like issue from debugger side, I think it would be beneficial if you can get help from Lauterbach/TC32 to resolve this issue.
Second part of issue,
"not able to flash due to reset issue" : I did some analysis of UJA1169A  operating modes based on its datasheet, it seems like putting it to Forced Normal Mode would disable the watchdog.
Therefore, you could write a small program to first to trigger the watchdog(to prevent timeout) and the set FNMC bit to disable it  via SPI . If I am correct, the default timeout of Watchdog seems like 128ms. You will have to immediately start flashing as soon as you switch ON the power.

Regards,
KB

0 Likes
Pujita
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Thank you for the response.

You are right! though the reset register is removed, the SBC is put into standby mode whenever there is a watchdog timeout. I wrote small program to put it into normal mode so that the operations can take place smoothly without watchdog interruption.

Regards,

Pujita

0 Likes