Deepsleep demo code

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sophie-wang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Future(GC)
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Cypress Expert,

I've test with "Wakeup_From_GPIO_Interrupt" and tried my best to optimize the power consumption. It is about 70uA. Do you have any tested demo code which power consumption is around 35uA?PN is CYT2B98CACES.

Thanks

Sophie

0 Likes
1 Solution
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi Sophie,

I think the example from the SDL is to show how to transit from active mode to deepsleep and waking up again. It is not useful to achieve the lowest current consumption in deepsleep. Here are my points why:

• As Kavya mentioned, the EVK was not designed to verify the current in deepsleep. Make shure you do not also measure leakage currents e.g. of electrolytic capacitors or other components in the circuit
  • For lowest power consumption there must not be unused open GPIOs configured as Input High-Z. And this is the default setting when the device comes out of reset. These open inputs with high input impedance will fluctuate in rythm with stray electro-magnetic fields. This fluctuation causes the input MOSFETs to toggle and with every switch a small amount of charge is transfered. These charge transfers add to the current consumption. Open GPIO pins should therefore be configured as inputs terminated with pull-up or pull-down resistors (may be external resistors or the internal ones) OR configured as outputs. You should consider this for every single unused/open GPIO.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kavya_B
100 replies posted 10 likes given 25 solutions authored

Hello Sophie,

May I ask you which board you used to measure deep sleep current? Did you use our EVK or a custom board?

Thanks,

Kavya

0 Likes
Kavya_B

Hello Sophie,

Please be informed that Traveo II EVK is not designed for Deep sleep current measurement, if in case you are using it for this purpose. So, it is not ensured that you will be seeing the optimized deep sleep current values measured on EVKs.

Thanks,

Kavya

0 Likes
sophie-wang
Level 1
Level 1
Distributor - Future(GC)
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi Kavya,

Does Infineon AE team anyone who had test the CYT2B98 can really work with 35uA @Deepsleep mode?

Thanks

Sophie

0 Likes
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi Sophie,

I think the example from the SDL is to show how to transit from active mode to deepsleep and waking up again. It is not useful to achieve the lowest current consumption in deepsleep. Here are my points why:

• As Kavya mentioned, the EVK was not designed to verify the current in deepsleep. Make shure you do not also measure leakage currents e.g. of electrolytic capacitors or other components in the circuit
  • For lowest power consumption there must not be unused open GPIOs configured as Input High-Z. And this is the default setting when the device comes out of reset. These open inputs with high input impedance will fluctuate in rythm with stray electro-magnetic fields. This fluctuation causes the input MOSFETs to toggle and with every switch a small amount of charge is transfered. These charge transfers add to the current consumption. Open GPIO pins should therefore be configured as inputs terminated with pull-up or pull-down resistors (may be external resistors or the internal ones) OR configured as outputs. You should consider this for every single unused/open GPIO.
Kavya_B

Hello Sophie,

There is no example available currently to guarantee a deepsleep current of around 35uA. You may have to test on a custom board designed for deepsleep current measurement to know the actual deesleep current consumed by the Traveo II chip. Along with that, please try to follow the approach suggested on this thread to reduce the current consumption by the unused pins when in deepsleep mode. You may also consider not retaining the SRAM regions (except the initial 2KB which is mandatory to retain) if it is not needed to be retained in deepsleep to reduce the current consumption.

Thanks,

Kavya

0 Likes