Checksum

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
meriam
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello, 

I am trying to flash a hex file generated by makefile with cypress autoflash utility.

But I always get an error with checksum.

I am using traveo ii cyt2b75cades starter kit board.

meriam_0-1654073075304.png

I have attached my hex file and linkerscript.

thank you for your help,

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
KumarAP
250 sign-ins 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hello,

I have tried flashing the attached hex file (present inside the "LED_blink_onTraveo-II_starter_kit_hex_file" zip file and generated by using IAR IDE) using Cypress Auto Flash Utility 1.1 and able to successfully flash the program using below command on Traveo-II cyt2b75cades starter kit board :

command : openocd.exe -s ../scripts -f interface/kitprog3.cfg -f target/traveo2_1m_a0.cfg -c "program C:/cm0plus.hex verify reset; exit"

Output behavior on board : LED1 blinks with 100ms delay.

Please try above on your end, and if still issue persist, Please share the command which you tried.

Also Please refer section 5.3 of "Traveo II Automotive Body Controller - FAQ – IDE - KBA232509" document and Cypress Auto Flash Utility user guide.

KBA link : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Traveo-II-Automotive-Body-Controller-FAQ-I...

One more observation is, sflash and sflash_alt address ranges are not correct in the shared linker file (linker_directives.ld file). Please check once(Figure 4-1 CYT2B7 address map) in CYT2B7 datasheet (CYT2B7_data_sheet_link ).

Thanks & Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
lock attach
KumarAP

Hello,

I have tried flashing the attached hex file (present inside the "LED_blink_onTraveo-II_starter_kit_hex_file" zip file and generated by using IAR IDE) using Cypress Auto Flash Utility 1.1 and able to successfully flash the program using below command on Traveo-II cyt2b75cades starter kit board :

command : openocd.exe -s ../scripts -f interface/kitprog3.cfg -f target/traveo2_1m_a0.cfg -c "program C:/cm0plus.hex verify reset; exit"

Output behavior on board : LED1 blinks with 100ms delay.

Please try above on your end, and if still issue persist, Please share the command which you tried.

Also Please refer section 5.3 of "Traveo II Automotive Body Controller - FAQ – IDE - KBA232509" document and Cypress Auto Flash Utility user guide.

KBA link : https://community.infineon.com/t5/Knowledge-Base-Articles/Traveo-II-Automotive-Body-Controller-FAQ-I...

One more observation is, sflash and sflash_alt address ranges are not correct in the shared linker file (linker_directives.ld file). Please check once(Figure 4-1 CYT2B7 address map) in CYT2B7 datasheet (CYT2B7_data_sheet_link ).

Thanks & Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Apurva, 

I know that the hex files generated by IAR works amd flash into the board with cypress autoflash utility.

But, what i am trying to do is use a makefile, generate hex and flash with cypress autoflash.

for that, i created the makefile, the linker, used cygwin for make, but the hex generated didnt work.

i keep getting the checksum error.

any idea how i can solve this problem?

thanks,

0 Likes
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi meriam,

I loaded your hex-file into the hex-viewer of JFLASH from Segger. It turns out that in your hex-file data is placed in two regions:

From address 0x08020020 to 0x08020048F and

from address 0x10110000 to 0x10110443.

Comparison with the memory map of CYT2B75 shows that both regions are "reserved" and possibly may not contain memory at all.

I am not familiar with the gcc linker commands. But it seems the linker places your code at the wrong addresses.

JJack_0-1654167971555.png

Example screenshot from JFLASH loaded with blinkingLed.hex

0 Likes
lock attach
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, 

I updated the linker and the makefile (not sure), generated a new hex and build folder, please find it attached.

with this hex, I dont have any errors with autoflash utility but the led doesnt blink.

meriam_0-1654172525626.png

Do you have any idea on this?

thanks,

0 Likes
KumarAP

Hello,

Can you try changing LED Port, Pin, and pin_mux configuration in application code(main_cm0plus.c file) as per Traveo-II cyt2b75cades starter kit board.

For LED 1, use below configuration : 

#define ledport              GPIO_PRT19
#define ledpin                0
#define ledmux              P19_0_GPIO

Also please refer the below document :

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-Traveo_II_Microcontroller_for_Body_Starter_kit_User_Guide-Use...

Thanks & Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi KumarAP, 

I am using an external led, thats why i have those definitions

thanks,

0 Likes
lock attach
KumarAP

Hi Meriam,

Can you Please try for on-board LEDs once (mentioned in last comment) and share the result ?

or try to flash attached hex file.

Thanks.

0 Likes
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

meriam_0-1654181305301.png

the hex works, and the led blinks.

But the one with the makefile and linker doesnt, even with no errors.

I also saw this about the reset handler, could this be the problem?, or is the linker im using faulty?

meriam_2-1654181499497.png

thanks,

0 Likes
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi,

I think your makefile/project is missing the highlighted sources:

JJack_0-1654182575007.png

0 Likes
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

in the buid folder it generated .s file.

could you please explain a litlle further?

i dont intend to use any other IAR files.

thanks,

0 Likes
KumarAP

Hi,

In project/makefile, startup related file is not included. Please include the missing files(highlighted above) in project folder.

I would suggest you to refer the latest SDL 7.5 for the linker reference, and also it has CMake support so you can refer it for your reference.
https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.traveoiisampledriverlibraryutil?utm_source=...

0 Likes
lock attach
meriam
Level 2
Level 2

Hello, 

I checked, and there isnt any !? It s only pin mux and trigger mux configurations, nothing for CMAKE.

Do you think it would be possible to generate a flashable hex file from a makefile using IAR files (startup , .c ,.h,..) ?

Do you have any example project with that ?

Would you recommend using CMake instead of makefiles?

I have also added the highlighted files you told me about, but it still doesnt work. Could you please review my makefile?

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
KumarAP

Hi ,

I would suggest you to refer the latest SDL 7.5 for CMake support and you can refer it for your reference. Download and install SDL, then go through the "CMake_Readme.md" file (path -->> T2G_Sample_Driver_Library_7.5.0\cmake) and "CMakeLists" file (path -->> T2G_Sample_Driver_Library_7.5.0) for configuration.
Try the mentioned steps as per "CMake_Readme.md" file.

Link for latest SDL : https://softwaretools.infineon.com/tools/com.ifx.tb.tool.traveoiisampledriverlibraryutil?utm_source=...

cmake related query is discussed here : https://community.infineon.com/t5/TRAVEO-T2G/cmake-traveo-starter-kit/td-p/356042

Thank you.

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes