Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Serhii
Level 1
Level 1
First like received First reply posted First question asked

I am having a problem connecting to the CYT2B75CAD (CYTVII-B-E-1M-SK Starter Kit board) using the SWD and JLink segger.
Here is the message displayed on the j-flash:

Serhii_0-1706173056156.png

Can you help please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Reza_A
25 solutions authored 10 likes given 50 replies posted

Hi @Serhii,

Thank you for the further details.

Reza_A_0-1706458989843.png

For point number 1. SWD pins will be configured as part of the start-up sequence. So I don't think this is the case. Could you use restore the Starter Kit hardware configurations back to use KitProg3 and try to use Auto Flash Utility to erase or reprogram your MCU?

Please find the details to have Auto Flash Utility at the following link:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/programming-testing/traveo-ii-auto-flash-utilit...

Thank you, Serhii.
I hope this helps.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi Serhii,

which connector on the board did you connect your J-Trace to?

For my understanding J6 is the SWD-connection to the PSoC5LP that acts as the on board KitProg3. I would connect an external debugger to J3 on the bottom side of the PCB. However J3 is not populated when the board is shipped.

Maybe you also have to push the "Mode Switch" SW3 so that the PSoC is not in KitProg3 DAP mode any more. When the PSoC is in KitProg3 DAP mode LED3 is permanently on.

If all this does not lead to success then I would remove 0 Ohm resistors R22 and R23 to decouple the Traveo's SWDCLK and SWDIO lines from the on board KitProg3 (PSoC5LP).

Best regards

JJack

0 Likes
Reza_A

Hi @Serhii,

On top of what JJack has suggested you to check, I assume you are powering your device through the starter kit USB port, then, please also try removing the R11 jumper for PSoC 5LP Power.

I hope this helps.
Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Serhii
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I connected my J-link to this 5 pins ( Powering target through J-link):

Serhii_0-1706251249221.png

PSoC I hold in reset via a jumper on:

Serhii_1-1706251402307.png

The j-link worked in this way and I was able to change the flashing frequency of the blue LEDs. When transferring the next hex file the j-link reported a timeout, after which SWD communication was lost. I tried to perform a USB erase using PSoC, but to no avail.

I tried holding the Reset button while the j-link tried to connect but that didn't help either. And the same for the USB connection via PSoC.

I think there are two most likely options:
1. I tried to upload the wrong hex file, so that the SWD pin configuration changed or a hard error occurred. -> How to force an erase without SWD in that case?
2. The microcontroller was damaged for some reason. -> Solution: Replace the chip with a new one.

0 Likes
Reza_A

Hi @Serhii,

Thank you for the further details.

Reza_A_0-1706458989843.png

For point number 1. SWD pins will be configured as part of the start-up sequence. So I don't think this is the case. Could you use restore the Starter Kit hardware configurations back to use KitProg3 and try to use Auto Flash Utility to erase or reprogram your MCU?

Please find the details to have Auto Flash Utility at the following link:

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/design-support/tools/programming-testing/traveo-ii-auto-flash-utilit...

Thank you, Serhii.
I hope this helps.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Serhii
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Reza_A,

Thank you for your support. I sent an email regarding access to the Auto Flash Utility. I hope I will be able to do erase with Auto Flash Utility.

Best regards