Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
autoUser
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello,

I'm using the Traveo 2 CYT4DN and my application looks like the following:

Video Input via 2-lane CSI --> CSI --> Traveo 2 --> FPD-Link0 --> Display

My application works well when I use the VRAM and the capture-to-surface feature of the Traveo 2. I would like to use the capture-to-display feature which doesn't need VRAM. Also I would like to use the automatic signal measurement for my CSI input signal. I found that there is a function utCapCheckSourceTiming but it always causes an error trace "ERROR: Measurement timeout!".

Currently I have two problems:

1. The function utCapCheckSourceTiming called for automatic signal measurement causes the error trace given before! As far as I understood, this function should detect the CSI input signal, measure the timings of the signal and give the pixel clock back in the pointer passed as argument. Are there any preconditions for using this function?

2. The Capture-To-Display doesn't work and shows only a red screen. When I use Capture-To-Surface this works fine but again without automatic signal measurement. For my application I cannot use VRAM so I have to use Capture-To-Display. What are the right steps for Capture-To-Display? Is the red screen any indication?

Thanks,
Best regards.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Reza_A
250 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Hi @autoUser,

I'm checking into this. I will provide a response promptly.
Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Likes
Reza_A

Hi @autoUser,

Your understanding of utCapCheckSourceTiming is correct. Have you pass the correct GfxPll parameter to the utCapCheckSourceTiming function? Kindly make sure of this because it is device-specific. Please also make sure that the capture is already open prior to calling utCapCheckSourceTiming.

In order to open a display in capture-to-display mode, a valid capture handle must be provided as the parameter. Therefore, it is necessary for the capture to be opened before display.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Best regards.

0 Likes

Hi @Reza_A,

Thanks for your response. You mentioned, that the GfxPll parameter is device-specific. Where can I find the parameter for my device (CYT4DNJBRS)?

By the way, the Capture is already opened prior to calling utCapCheckSourceTiming.

Thanks,
Best regards.

0 Likes
Translation_Bot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Community Manager
100 likes received

CYTVl1-C-2D-6M-327-SET Hi, I need to buy a few evaluation boards at the moment, can you provide me with a sales channel? Can you tell me by email?

0 Likes
Reza_A

Hi @autoUser,

Apologies, Graphics related queries should not be further discussed in public forum.
I will lock this thread.

Thank you for understanding.

Best regards.

0 Likes