Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chriistoph
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 50 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hello everyone,

in my company project the customers desire is to write in  supervisory flash 0x17000000 . Now the code example of sample driver library for workflash is working, but when change address to 0x17000000 and want to ERASE with

Cy_Flash_EraseSector() it throws me

CY_FLASH_DRV_INVALID_INPUT_PARAMETERS

Can someone help with advice whats wrong?

Many thanks in advance,
Christoph

0 Likes
3 Replies
chriistoph
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 50 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Do I have to use MiniProg4 ? Also when flash.Erase 0x17000000--0x170007FF with lauterbach and trace32 it throws "no such FLASH device"

Many thanks!

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
abhikul
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hello @chriistoph 

1. The supervisory region of the code flash is an area which is used to store trim parameters, system configuration parameters, protection and security settings, boot scripts, and other Cypress proprietary information.
  2. The read access to this region is permitted i.e., we can read all the parameters which are stored in this region.
  3. But, program/erase access is prohibited i.e., we cannot erase any of the information/parameters stored in this region and also, we cannot program or write any code or information in this region.
  4. The above stated information is available in the technical reference manual (TRM) of the device. Please refer image1 for the same which is taken from the TRM itself.
  5. For more information you can refer the technical reference manual for the same.

Thanks & Regards

Abhishek Kulkarni  

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
abhikul
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 25 replies posted

Hello @chriistoph 

One correction and an additional points to be added in my previous response.

1. The detailed SFLASH mapping is given in the TRM of the device and please refer image2 for the same.
  2. So, in the image2 you can see that there is a specific area called as “User area” which is basically used for user applications, and storing keys and other information.
  3. Please make note of it that, in this area, it is possible to write only in the normal mode.
  4. There is one system call “WriteRow” which is only used on SFLASH and this API can be used to program the flash. For more information you can refer the device TRM. Please refer image3 for same.

Thanks & Regards

Abhishek Kulkarni

0 Likes