CYT2B94CACR0AZSGST crystal

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Oussama5
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I have a technical question about the External Crystal Oscillator (ECO) used in this microcontroller, the frequency of this crystal should be between 3.988- to 33.34-MHz. [ the microcontroller is " CYT2B94CACR0AZSGST"]
I'm asking about the  suggested PPM of this crystal.
I wonder choose a crystal to implement with this microcontroller and I have many choices of crystal, I need to fix one of them and I did not have the information of the recommended PPM of the External Oscillator in the datasheet.

0 Likes
1 Solution
KB
10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello Oussama5,

The Traveo-II MCUs doesn't recommend any ppm for ECO, its up to the user to select  the required value.

Any deviations in ECO frequency will be passed to the clock tree within the MCU. Now if you are planning to use the ECO as input to PLL and generate LIN or CAN clock then make sure that its within tolerance requirement for LIN or CAN bus.

Regards,
KB

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
KB
10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello Oussama5,

The Traveo-II MCUs doesn't recommend any ppm for ECO, its up to the user to select  the required value.

Any deviations in ECO frequency will be passed to the clock tree within the MCU. Now if you are planning to use the ECO as input to PLL and generate LIN or CAN clock then make sure that its within tolerance requirement for LIN or CAN bus.

Regards,
KB

0 Likes