Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YongseokJeon
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Changnam (South Korea)
50 replies posted 50 questions asked 25 replies posted

Dears,
I have questions about the CAN Interface.
CYT2BL5CAS has a total of 8 CAN channels. There are 4 channels in CAN0 and 4 channels in CAN1.

Q1. If all 8 channels are set to CAN-FD, can they operate individually?
Q2. When using CAN-FD and HS-CAN(High Speed CAN), should I configure only CAN-FD in CAN0 and HS-CAN in CAN1?
Should I set it up separately like this? Or can I assign both HS-CAN and CAN-FD to CAN0?

Thanks and Regards,
YS

0 Likes
1 Solution
Imam_M
25 solutions authored 50 replies posted 10 likes received

Hi @YongseokJeon,

If all 8 channels are set to CAN-FD, can they operate individually?
We are not sure what you mean by 'operate individually'. If you mean to ask whether each CAN channel can be configured in a unique manner, then the answer would be Yes. Each CAN channel has a separate set of registers and can be configured individually.

When using CAN-FD and HS-CAN(High Speed CAN), should I configure only CAN-FD in CAN0 and HS-CAN in CAN1? Should I set it up separately like this? Or can I assign both HS-CAN and CAN-FD to CAN0?
Our assumption is that by HS-CAN(High-Speed CAN) you mean Classical CAN. Based on this understanding, the answer to your question would be that you can assign both HS-CAN and CAN-FD to CAN0. Whether CAN FD mode is enabled or disabled depends on the CANFDx_CHy_CCCR register which is unique for each CAN channel and can be configured individually for each channel.

I also prefer you to check device architecture TRM and the Application Notes AN213891 How to Use CAN FD for Traveo Family  for more information related to the CAN FD in T2G device.

I hope this helps you. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Imam_M

Hi @YongseokJeon,

If all 8 channels are set to CAN-FD, can they operate individually?
We are not sure what you mean by 'operate individually'. If you mean to ask whether each CAN channel can be configured in a unique manner, then the answer would be Yes. Each CAN channel has a separate set of registers and can be configured individually.

When using CAN-FD and HS-CAN(High Speed CAN), should I configure only CAN-FD in CAN0 and HS-CAN in CAN1? Should I set it up separately like this? Or can I assign both HS-CAN and CAN-FD to CAN0?
Our assumption is that by HS-CAN(High-Speed CAN) you mean Classical CAN. Based on this understanding, the answer to your question would be that you can assign both HS-CAN and CAN-FD to CAN0. Whether CAN FD mode is enabled or disabled depends on the CANFDx_CHy_CCCR register which is unique for each CAN channel and can be configured individually for each channel.

I also prefer you to check device architecture TRM and the Application Notes AN213891 How to Use CAN FD for Traveo Family  for more information related to the CAN FD in T2G device.

I hope this helps you. Thank you.

0 Likes
YongseokJeon
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Changnam (South Korea)
50 replies posted 50 questions asked 25 replies posted

Hi IMashur,
Thanks for your help.

1. The first question is whether CAN-FD can be used individually with 8 channels.
2. Yes, HS-CAN means Classical CAN.

Thanks and Regards,
YS

0 Likes
Imam_M

Hi @YongseokJeon,

Thank you for your clarifications. I hope my previous response has answered your questions.

0 Likes