Blank check function for code flash

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YongseokJeon
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor
50 replies posted 50 questions asked 25 replies posted

Hello,
I'm using CYT2B93CAS.
There is a Cy_WorkFlashBlankCheck() function in the SDL7.1.0.

Is there a function to check code flash like this?
Or is there a way to check the code flash blank status?

I am trying to use it when using FOTA in dual bank mode.
If the power is turned off during FOTA, I want to update from where the update was stopped.

Thanks and Regards,
YS

0 Likes
1 Solution
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi,

this question was already answered, see KBA 232509. It says:

6.8. Can Blank Check command be used for Code Flash?

The SROM API, Blank Check command (0x2A), is applicable on the addressed WorkFlash only. For code flash writing, after flash sector erased and returned success, verify by checking all values in the sector are “1”. If the verification passes, execute the flash writing command. After flash writing is complete, verify the sector by comparing the read back data with the corresponding data to be written into that sector.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JJack
Level 5
Level 5
Associated Partner - Distributor Rutronik
5 questions asked 25 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hi,

this question was already answered, see KBA 232509. It says:

6.8. Can Blank Check command be used for Code Flash?

The SROM API, Blank Check command (0x2A), is applicable on the addressed WorkFlash only. For code flash writing, after flash sector erased and returned success, verify by checking all values in the sector are “1”. If the verification passes, execute the flash writing command. After flash writing is complete, verify the sector by comparing the read back data with the corresponding data to be written into that sector.