Accessing same code flash region

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RajeswariS1
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hi Team,

Question about accessing reading and writing the same code flash region.

Loaded my application in Code region - large sector portion. From this application writing some data into another address which resides in large sector portion, but different chunk. For example, Application is running from the 0th chunk (The first 32K large sector). Wanted to write some data into 7th chunk(7th 32K large sector region). Currently it is not possible to do so as RWW is not supported for the same code flash region.

To achieve this, is there any way to load my application into RAM at run time and after writing data to the 7th chunk, I can load my application again to Code flash? Is it possible?

Kindly let me know how to achieve my requirement of using the 7th chunk? If not, any other alternate option available in TRAVEO-II?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Raje

0 Likes
1 Reply
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi @RajeswariS1 

Could you please tell the part number for the Traveo T2G device that you are using?

I would like to inform you that the code flash is divided into two logical banks (Logical bank 0 and Logical bank 1). You can refer to the Architecture TRM to know more about the exact size and addresses of these banks for each device family.

If you are trying to execute your code from one logical bank and trying to write to the same logical bank, then this is not allowed since RWW feature is not supported for the same logical bank. However, you can execute code from one logical bank and write to the other logical bank. 

Could you please share some more details on what you are trying to achieve? If you tell us the exact address locations that you will be programming, that will be helpful.

>> To achieve this, is there any way to load my application into RAM at run time and after writing data to the 7th chunk, I can load my application again to Code flash? Is it possible?

Regarding your above question, yes, it is possible to execute code from SRAM. You can check our SDL as it contains project templates that can be executed from SRAM. You can try to go through the startup file and linker_directives.ld file in SDL.

Regards.

0 Likes