About memory dump of workflash in CYT2B98

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears

Now I’m using CYT2B98 to check out the memory condition in virgin like work flash.
When seeing the memory dump in the start from 0x14000000 (WorkFlash) with run time debugger like Trace 32,
It doesn’t have fixed values and shows continuous variable values in attachment (Moving file : 4.WorkFlashCondition_InVirgin.mp4.zip)
Could you tell me why it works like that ?

Of course when I use minipro4 to do memory dump in workflash (from 0x14000000 to 0x1401 7FFF), in each memory dump command execution, dump file has different data.

Please give us your explanation what happened in side of MCU.

Best regards,
Wonjin Han.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

It appears that you are trying to read erased WorkFlash data- this is not permissible by design. You need to program the erased sector first only then read is possible, else the debugger will give spurious/random data. Kindly refer TRM for more details.

Ashish_0-1654848638357.png

Thanks,

Ashish

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

It appears that you are trying to read erased WorkFlash data- this is not permissible by design. You need to program the erased sector first only then read is possible, else the debugger will give spurious/random data. Kindly refer TRM for more details.

Ashish_0-1654848638357.png

Thanks,

Ashish

WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Ashish. 

Thank you for your answer and have a nice weekend.

Best regards,

Wonjin Han. 

0 Likes