About LIN EN port in CYT2B95

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears. 

Now I use CYT2B95 to implement LIN communication and CAN communication.  

For CAN, I assigned P12.0 and P12.1 for CAN TX and CAN RX.

And for LIN, P12.2 and P12.3 are specified to use for LIN RX and LIN TX.

In this case, I’m wondering that is possible to use P12.1 as CAN RX instead of LIN6_EN

even though it looks like that LIN RX , LIN TX and LIN EN are organized to work together.  

LIN_CAN_PORT_ASSIGNMENT_CYT2B95.jpg

Thanks and best regards,

Kevin Han.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Kevin,

LIN_EN may be needed by the LIN-transceiver. If you have LinTransceiverAutoEnable  set to true, then this pin will enable the external transceiver once the LIN is initialized. But you can use any other GPIO pin, and enable it explicitly in the code- so this should work fine. So, your configuration is okay, just use another GPIO pin for LIN_EN, and make sure to enable in SW (set pin high/low depending upon your transceiver) after LIN initialization is complete. And in port initialization for CAN_Rx pin, the HSIOM should be set to CAN and not LIN so that it's mapped to CAN block. 

Regards,

Ashish

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ashish
25 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi Kevin,

LIN_EN may be needed by the LIN-transceiver. If you have LinTransceiverAutoEnable  set to true, then this pin will enable the external transceiver once the LIN is initialized. But you can use any other GPIO pin, and enable it explicitly in the code- so this should work fine. So, your configuration is okay, just use another GPIO pin for LIN_EN, and make sure to enable in SW (set pin high/low depending upon your transceiver) after LIN initialization is complete. And in port initialization for CAN_Rx pin, the HSIOM should be set to CAN and not LIN so that it's mapped to CAN block. 

Regards,

Ashish

WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Hello Ashish. 

I appreciate your actual feedback which makes me very clear to understand it. 

Have a nice day. 

Thanks and best regards, 

Kevin Han.

0 Likes