About ECO pin configuration ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor
50 questions asked 100 sign-ins 50 replies posted

Dears.

Now I'm considering to use ECO in our Traveo II CYT2B9 board.

I understood that P21.2 and P21.3 are related ECO and these pins have the feature of multi-function as the following. 

CYT2B9-100PIN-ECO-PIN.jpg

My question is that if i want to use fixed ECO in these pins, do i should configure P21.2 as input and P21.3 as output to implement ECO. When i see the SDL sample code in which ECO is used, it look like that ECO pin configuration is not necessary to do it. 

Could you tell me why it is not necessary to configure them even though these pins like P21.2 and P21.3 have multifunction feature?

Only configuration is to make ECO enable bit  bit-masking “1” in ECO Configuration Register ?

Where these pins configuration for ECO is implemented in source code?  

Best regards,

Kevin Han.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Swathi
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello Kevin,

GPIO pins that support an oscillator function (WCO or ECO) must be configured for high-impedance if the oscillator is enabled. By default, the pins are in  high-impedance state. So, you need not configure it again.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor

Dears.

Is there anyone who have an idea about my question ?

Thanks,

Kevin.

0 Likes
rloader
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

I was wondering about the clock pin configuration also, I couldn't see anything explicit in the datasheet.

The TVII_Sample_Driver_Library  system_tviibh4m_cm0plus.c has a comment "ECO port settings ... Default settings should be OK". So it looks like is is indeed not necessary to configure the pins.

I'm using a slightly different processor than you but I suspect the answer is the same for yours.

0 Likes
Swathi
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hello Kevin,

GPIO pins that support an oscillator function (WCO or ECO) must be configured for high-impedance if the oscillator is enabled. By default, the pins are in  high-impedance state. So, you need not configure it again.

WonjinHan
Level 5
Level 5
Distributor

Hello Rloader and Swathi.

Thank you for your answer and got your points.

Best regards,
Kevin.

0 Likes