upgrage BLE FW function via MCU implementation

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I'm custom a FW for CYBT-343206-01. I'm afraid there may will bugs in the FW, so I want to add function that MCU can upgrade BLE FW just in case that the device offered to client. Can I add this function? How is the hardware need to support? What example of software should I refer to?

BR,

Treacy

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Treacy,

Are you using external host/MCU connected to CYBT-343026 module?

By firmware, I assume you are referring to application firmware. One way to do this is Over-The-Air: OTA function implementation

If you want to do it without BLE connection and using hardware connection, you will have to re-program the device by sending needed HCI commands. Please refer /20706-A2_Bluetooth/doc/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf for more info on this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Treacy,

Are you using external host/MCU connected to CYBT-343026 module?

By firmware, I assume you are referring to application firmware. One way to do this is Over-The-Air: OTA function implementation

If you want to do it without BLE connection and using hardware connection, you will have to re-program the device by sending needed HCI commands. Please refer /20706-A2_Bluetooth/doc/WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf for more info on this.

0 Likes

Dear sheetalj,

Yes, I want to it without BLE connection and using hardware connection. I have see the WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol, so if I want to add this function, I need to add the HCI command in my custome software and I need to refer the example of "hci_uart_spi_bridge", right?

BR,

Treacy

0 Likes

Hi Treacy,

Yes you can have a look at hci_uart_spi_bridge demo app.

0 Likes