the mobilephone can't find the bt mesh low power node

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi  all:

I want to test the bt mesh LPN, so I have configured the mesh light ctl server as a low power node, but the app can't find the Provision Device.

I want to know if the way to adding the network  of  the LPN is the same as the relay node or  friend node.

the testing  platform  is  CYW20735

thanks!

mandy

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Low power node may go to sleep after a period of time, and when it  is in sleep you cannot see the mesh unnprovisioned beacons.

So please press the reset button on the board and then scan for the unprovisioned beacons from the mobile.

Thanks.

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Low power node may go to sleep after a period of time, and when it  is in sleep you cannot see the mesh unnprovisioned beacons.

So please press the reset button on the board and then scan for the unprovisioned beacons from the mobile.

Thanks.

-Dheeraj

mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  DheerajP_41

I  have  read the SDK code carefully.   I find out a low power node struct:

typedef PACKED struct

{

uint8_t     rssi_factor;            /**< The contribution of the RSSI measured by the Friend node used in Friend Offer Delay calculations.Must be <= 3. RSSIFactor = 1 + (rssi_factor * 0.5) */

uint8_t     receive_window_factor;  /**< The contribution of the supported Receive Window used in Friend Offer Delay calculations.Must be <= 3. ReceiveWindowFactor = 1 + (receive_window_factor * 0.5) */

uint8_t     min_cache_size_log;     /**< The minimum number of messages that the Friend node can store in its Friend Cache.Must be >= 1 and <= 7. MinCacheSizeLog = 2 * * min_cache_size_log */

uint8_t     receive_delay;          /**< Receive delay in 1 ms units to be requested by the Low Power node. It should be >= 0x0a */

uint32_t    poll_timeout;           /**< Poll timeout in 100ms units to be requested by the Low Power node. It should be between 0x00000a and 0x34bbff */

uint8_t     startup_unprovisioned_adv_to;   /**< Interval in seconds of the advertisments of unprovisioned beacon and service on startup. Value 0 means default 30 seconds. */

} wiced_bt_mesh_core_config_low_power_t;

the member variable : tartup_unprovisioned_adv_to  is not been initialized, when I have initialized it to 0x7F, I can find the unprovisioned device by phone

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

I  don't know the detail meaning of startup_unprovisioned_adv_to, Can you explain it  to me ?

thank you !

0 Likes

Hi mandy wu,

As described in the comment, it is the period of time the LPN node can advertise unprovisioned beacons.

By default it is configured as 0 which is equal to 30 seconds. If you configure it to 127, then it means the advertisement will go off after 127 seconds.

After the timeout you will be able to see below print in the teraterm (PUART log) which indicate that device entered in the sleep mode.

mesh_state_changed_cb:LPN_SLEEP: timeout:-1

Using the default configuration of the app, can you try your experiment in a low noisy environment? I recommend you to use Windows meshClient application for this test? 

I doubt that this 30sec is not enough for your phone to detect the adv of unprovisioned mesh device.It can occur due to more noisy environment (more BT, WiFi devices in the room) or capability of test phone to detect wireless activity is less.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes