how WICED_BT_TRACE is working

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GHKC
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

hi sir/madam,

in my project  we are sending image data to cybt and cybt send that data to printer.

wiced_bool_t spp_rx_data_callback(uint16_t handle, uint8_t* p_data, uint32_t data_len)

{

unsigned long int i;

for(i = 0; i < data_len; i++)

{

wiced_hal_puart_write(p_data);

}

WICED_BT_TRACE(" ");  //hci uart trace

}

1)if i am using  wiced_bt_trace image(460567 byte) data passing completly other wise we are getting 16000 bytes data and not accepting next data also.

here whats happening  exacle with WICED_BT_TRACE.

2) how WICED_BT_TRACE. is working.

3)when i am using  wiced_hal_puart_synchronous_write(&p_data[0],data_len); for normal text data of 1000 bytes but  i am receiving 260 bytes only.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

watchdog default timeout cannot be changed from the application. It is set in the lower stack FW code and used to detect and recover from malfunctions.

Please see more details here.

CYW20719 and CYW20735 Clocks, RTC, WatchDog Timer, Application Timer and PWM

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

As I said in data from mobile to cybt-343026  please try using wiced_hal_wdog_restart() periodically.

WICED_BT_TRACE also pets the watchdog. This can be the reason why the issue does not occure when you use WICED_BT_TRACE in the code.

I would recommend you to use wiced_hal_puart_write() instead of wiced_hal_puart_synchronous_write(). Because wiced_hal_puart_synchronous_write() does not check whether the FIFO is empty or not. It should be used when the user is sure that the FIFO has enough space to store the data. The PUART has 256 Bytes in PUART IN/OUT FIFO register.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
GHKC
Level 3
Level 3

thanks for your reply sir,

how can i change watchdog timer default  timeout.

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

watchdog default timeout cannot be changed from the application. It is set in the lower stack FW code and used to detect and recover from malfunctions.

Please see more details here.

CYW20719 and CYW20735 Clocks, RTC, WatchDog Timer, Application Timer and PWM

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

GHKC
Level 3
Level 3

THANK YOU SIR

0 Likes