hci_serial_gatt_service is not connect to Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm using WICED STUDIO 5.2.0

Demo application 'hci_serial_gatt_service' is not connect Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

I tested with 'WICED Smart Explorer' and 'CySmart' in Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

My application must be connected to the Galaxy Note 4 via serial gatt service.

How can I solve this problem.

Please, Help me.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the advertisement flags need to be BTM_BLE_GENERAL_DISCOVERABLE_FLAG | BTM_BLE_SIMULTANEOUS_DUAL_MODE_TO_SAME_DEVICE_CONTROLLER_SUPPORTED if you are establishing both the LE and BR/EDR connection with the same device.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
MichaelF_56
250 sign-ins 25 comments on blog 10 comments on blog

The assumption here is that you are working with the CYW920706 evaluation platform?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, mifo.

Yes, I tested with CYW82070Y EVB and WICED STUDIO 5.2.0 demo app hci_serial_gatt_service as provided.

And test with Galaxy s8, iPhone 6+, Galaxy note 4.

Only Galaxy note 4 can not connected.

0 Likes

I'm not familiar with this kit as it was never released to the broad market. Can you reach out to the person as CY that provided the kit and ask them for guidance?  It sounds like this was part of a tier 1 engagement.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry,

When I replied on my phone, I got a mistake.

I tested with CYW920706 EVB. CYW920706xV3_EVAL

0 Likes

Perfect.  That's the one supported here in the community.

Adding the level 1 applications team.

grsr lsri rash mady gsns ankh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From your comments, I assume you are able to connect with Galaxy S8 and iPhone 6+ and exchange data.

When you connect with Note 4, what is the exact issue? Are you seeing a disconnect immediately after connection. Do you see any disconnect event received?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think this is an issue specific to Samsung Galaxy S8. I tested with a couple of phones and found no issues.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yssu

I think that the flag of advertisement data was the problem.

My application using BT(HFP) and BLE(very often and continuously) simultaneously.

How do I set the flag?

BTM_BLE_GENERAL_DISCOVERABLE_FLAG or

(BTM_BLE_GENERAL_DISCOVERABLE_FLAG | BTM_BLE_SIMULTANEOUS_DUAL_MODE_TO_SAME_DEVICE_CONTROLLER_SUPPORTED) or

(BTM_BLE_GENERAL_DISCOVERABLE_FLAG | BTM_BLE_BREDR_NOT_SUPPORTED) ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the advertisement flags need to be BTM_BLE_GENERAL_DISCOVERABLE_FLAG | BTM_BLE_SIMULTANEOUS_DUAL_MODE_TO_SAME_DEVICE_CONTROLLER_SUPPORTED if you are establishing both the LE and BR/EDR connection with the same device.

0 Likes