cannot download make target to CYBT-343026-EVAL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FaSc_2711286
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

My first project was "hello_sensor". I used new Platform Files and created new Make Target. Everything worked. (WICED Studio 6.2.1.2 )

Then the second project was "hci_uart_gatt_service". I also did a new Make Target and downloaded it. Then I opened ClientController application. Set COM interface and downloaded the .hcd file. This download failed.

From now on i cannot even download the "hello_sensor" Make Target. Error Message in console as follows.

The Detection Failure already exists when "hello_sensor" was working. Afterwards the download messages occur.

But now it says that the file cannot be found...

07:59:49 **** Build of configuration Release for project 20706-A2_Bluetooth ****

"C:\\MeineProgramme\\WICED-Studio-6.2\\20706-A2_Bluetooth\\make.exe" demo.hello_sensor-CYBT_343026_EVAL download

Compiling platform.c

Compiling spar_setup.c

Compiling hello_sensor.c

Compiling wiced_bt_cfg.c

Compiling platform.c

Compiling sparinit.c

Compiling wiced_bt_app_common.c

Compiling wiced_bt_app_hal_common.c

Compiling lib_installer.c

Linking target ELF

OK, made elf.

readelf: Warning: Bogus end-of-siblings marker detected at offset e17a in .debug_info section

readelf: Warning: Bogus end-of-siblings marker detected at offset e17b in .debug_info section

readelf: Warning: Bogus end-of-siblings marker detected at offset e17c in .debug_info section

readelf: Warning: Further warnings about bogus end-of-sibling markers suppressed

Call to hello_sensor_spar_crt_setup @ 00218efd

OK, made C:/MeineProgramme/WICED-Studio-6.2/20706-A2_Bluetooth/Wiced-BT/spar/../../build/hello_sensor-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20703A2-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs. MD5 sum is:

abff398d65e3cfca747927eea6bd7ef4 *../../build/hello_sensor-CYBT_343026_EVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/A_20703A2-hello_sensor-rom-ram-spar.cgs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patches start at                  0x000D0200 (RAM address)

Patches end at                    0x000DD7B8 (RAM address)

Application starts at             0x00217A38 (RAM address)

Application ends at               0x00218EEC (RAM address)

Patch size                             54712 bytes

Application size                        5300 bytes

------

Total RAM footprint                    60012 bytes (58.6kiB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Converting CGS to HEX...

Conversion complete

Creating OTA images...

Conversion complete

OTA image footprint in NV is 67544 bytes

Detecting device...

********* Detection Failure *************

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

| The CYBT-343026-EVAL board was not detected. Verify that the device is connected,        |

| power-cycle if necessary to reboot into programming mode, and retry.                     |

|                                                                                          |

| Please see Appendix sections in the Quick Start Guide for common COM port problems.      |

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.

08:00:23 Build Finished (took 33s.312ms)

0 Likes
1 Solution

It should be OK if you already close the ClientControl. Please check the Port number in the device manager. Use the port displayed in the device mananger. For exapmle, if you found COM8 and COM9 in the device manager, add UART=COM8 in your make target.

The make target should like this: demo.hello_sensor-CYBT_343026_EVAL download UART=COM8.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
FaSc_2711286
Level 2
Level 2
First like received

I recovered the board by pressing SW2 -> pressing SW1 -> releasing SW1 -> releasing SW2. but it's still not downloading.

0 Likes

Did you close the HCI port in the client control when you program the device?

If not, please close the HCI port and recover the eval board. Then try to download again.

I Closed ClientControl application without closing HCI Port i guess. Used COM was COM4 and COM5. No there are COM 8 and COM9 available.

What can i do now??

0 Likes

It should be OK if you already close the ClientControl. Please check the Port number in the device manager. Use the port displayed in the device mananger. For exapmle, if you found COM8 and COM9 in the device manager, add UART=COM8 in your make target.

The make target should like this: demo.hello_sensor-CYBT_343026_EVAL download UART=COM8.

Thank you!!!

I made a Make Target as u described. Then the console reads "downloading application..." but it failed.

I recovered the board and included plattformfiles again.

Now it works!

0 Likes