a2dp sink sample rate on cybt-343026

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
davethecipo
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First reply posted

Hi,

I am running the A2DP sink example on CYBT-343026-EVAL board. I play a 48kHz (sample rate) test audio file from a Pixel 4A android device.

The oscilloscope show the I2S word select signal to always be at 44.1kHz. I enabled android developer options, and sure enough this is the only sample rate that is selectable (i.e. not grayed out).

It seems that the 48kHz cannot be negotiated.

Any suggestion on how to make the 48kHz available? I would expect this to work after reading KBA228409 and this page https://community.cypress.com/t5/Resource-Library/A2DP-Sink-Example-on-CYW20706/ta-p/246388.

Thanks, Davide

0 Likes
4 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @davethecipo 

Can you please confirm which codec you are using? 

Hope you are testing using default A2DP sink example available in SDK and have not modified the default codec configuration used. Can you please confirm? 

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes
davethecipo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @AnjanaM_61 ,

Android shows the SBC codec. I changed the Makefile in order to add CYBT-343026-EVAL to the supported platforms, and tried different options for the UART (I'm new to this stuff...). Other than that, I am running the vanilla code.

Thanks, Davide

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Could you share some OTA log or btsnoop log to check the capability negotiation?

0 Likes
davethecipo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Owen_Zhang123 ,

thanks for your help. I configured Android to enable HCI debug and pulled the log file/ converted to btsnoop log using btsnooz.py.

Sorry for the stupid question, but this is the first time I do this...what is exactly the order of operations I need to do?
I think I should (correct me if I'm wrong)
1) disable bluetooth on android smartphone
2) enable android HCI debug logging in developer settings
3) enable bluetooth on smartphone
4) connect smartphone to cybt-343026 bluetooth (which uses the A2DP sink code)
5) run "adb bugreport newbug"
6) unzip newbug.zip
7) run "python btsnooz.py /path/to/bugreport.log
share the file generated by btsnooz, correct?

0 Likes