Why can't SPP be ported arbitrarily on WICED6.2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoJo_2624151
Level 3
Level 3
First like received First like given

I ported the SPP to other routines.However, the RFCOMM registration fails

call wiced_bt_rfcomm_create_connection()

rfcomm_result = 6/8

check wiced_bt_rfcomm_result_t

6  =   WICED_BT_RFCOMM_NO_RESOURCES,                                   /**< No Resources */

8  =  WICED_BT_RFCOMM_INVALID_MTU,                                    /**< Invalid MTU */

I've seen it many times

But add the other code you need in the routine that contains the SPP.

There will be no such error

@mifo

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi

Not sure if this issue fixed for you. Could you please try the below suggestions:

1: Could you please increase the buffer pool sizes in the wiced_bt_cfg.c file . Example:

const wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pool_t wiced_bt_cfg_buf_pools[WICED_BT_CFG_NUM_BUF_POOLS] =

{

/* { buf_size, buf_count, }, */

{ 64, 16, }, /* Small Buffer Pool */

{ 272, 8, }, /* Medium Buffer Pool (used for HCI & RFCOMM control messages, min recommended size is 360) */

{ 1056, 3, }, /* Large Buffer Pool (used for HCI ACL messages) */

{ 1056, 2, }, /* Extra Large Buffer Pool (used for SDP Discovery) */

};

2: As of now, I can see the MTU size in the config file of your project is set to 365. Could you please set max_mtu_size to 515 . Please try the above modifications first.

3: If still not working, can you please change the buffer size passing to API  wiced_bt_rfcomm_init and let us know the API result.

4: Not sure how did you tested the project. Please let me know

5: If your requirement is just to merge A2dp sink + SPP profile. Can you try it with the APIs in spp.c ,(removing the hci_control_spp ) and please let us know the API results if not working.

View solution in original post

4 Replies