Which devices support multiple simultaneous BLE Central & Peripheral Connections

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Is there a way to determine if a specific chip or module can support multiple simultaneous BLE Central and Peripheral connections?

Sheetal did a nice job of testing CYW20819 to determine several combinations of simultaneous connections @ Number of BLE Central & Peripheral Connections . Is CYW20719 identical to CYW20819 in functionality (with double the memory) such that it would support the same combinations of simultaneous connections?

The other device I'm specifically interested in is the CYW20707 to the extent simultaneous Central and Peripheral connections would be supported in the CYBT-353027-02 module - as this appears to be the smallest footprint module Cypress has that supports Bluetooth 4.2 or later.

There are several documents pointing to the capability in PSoC 6 and a few posts noting that the capability can be created in PSoC 4 using time-multiplexing.

Is there any data, similar to the tables Sheetal created, for other WICED based chips or modules?

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi Greg,

I understand your query, but unfortunately we do not have this information available in any document to the customer. However, I can provide you details regarding some BT-BLE chips:

CYW20819: Number of BLE Central & Peripheral Connections

CYW20706: Can BT search function and BT connection realized simultaneously

CYW20719:

pastedImage_2.png

Thanks for pointing this out.! I will try to combine all this information in one document.

Regards,

Sheetal

View solution in original post

2 Replies