WICED v6.1 - BLE Mesh ClientControl solution (Windows platform) fails to build

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RoPe_3278591
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

hello,

We are using WICED v6.1 along with the CYW920719Q40EVB-01 dev board. We have manged to build the requisite firmware and flashed that to the board. However when we attempt to build the ClientControl Windows solution that comes with WICED v6.1 (i.e. ClientControl.vcxproj) the build fails with the following error...

1>wiced_mesh_client.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _wiced_init_timer referenced in function _mesh_client_init

1>

1>Unused libraries:

1>  D:\Development\IDEs\VisualStudio-2017\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.13.26128\lib\x86\comsuppwd.lib

1>  D:\Development\IDEs\VisualStudio-2017\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.13.26128\lib\x86\OLDNAMES.lib

1>

1>D:\Development\IDEs\WICED-Studio-6.1\sdk\common\apps\snip\mesh\ClientControl\Debug\ClientControlMesh.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

1>Done building project "ClientControl.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

We have amended the code to resolve the issue, however it would be great if the example would build successfully right out of the box as this leaves a bad first impression for any newcomers to the Cypress platform.

Regards,

1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Thanks for bring this to our notice. I also faced issues while building. We will make sure this issue doesn't come up in the next release.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

-Madhu

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Thanks for bring this to our notice. I also faced issues while building. We will make sure this issue doesn't come up in the next release.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

-Madhu

0 Likes