WICED Studio (OSX) installation fails

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AcSp_4798551
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hello together,

I am going to start a development project based on CYBT-413055(-EVAL). So, assume that I am a newbee.

As always the simplest things are creating huge problems ...

So, I would like to use WICED Studio (OSX) on my MAC (OSX 10.15.7). I followed the special instruction for Mac of MichaelF_56  at https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-21414​ but I always get the same error: „WICED-Studio-6.6.0.9-IDE-Installer.app“ cannot be opened. That it?! Should my attempts end up here ?

Please, if you have any idea let me know.

Regards

A

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks ChunleiL_51

that is what I did....

Finally I was making it by following one note in the Release Notes: WICED Studio 6.6.0

Under point 4 Known Issues your find the following, which helped to overcome the issue:

1. Starting MacOS Catalina, to install WICED Studio, the user has to modify the security settings to Allow apps downloaded from “App Store and identified developers”. Open terminal window navigate to the path where the installer is located and execute the following commands:

>chmod +x WICED-Studio-6.6.0xxxx.app/Contents/MacOS/*

>open WICED-Studio-6.6.0xxxx.app

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Charles_Lai
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Ensure that you download the file correctly. The hash of file BM-OSX-WICED-Studio-6.6.0.9-IDE-Installer.app.zip using algorithm SHA256 is: 203C094EE38344E703D74FBD578D08638122E8B5855DD2E25E19F62E41F1E09A.

Then follow the KBA WICED-Studio 6.6.0 (OSX)​ and don't miss the details.

Best regards

0 Likes

Thanks ChunleiL_51

that is what I did....

Finally I was making it by following one note in the Release Notes: WICED Studio 6.6.0

Under point 4 Known Issues your find the following, which helped to overcome the issue:

1. Starting MacOS Catalina, to install WICED Studio, the user has to modify the security settings to Allow apps downloaded from “App Store and identified developers”. Open terminal window navigate to the path where the installer is located and execute the following commands:

>chmod +x WICED-Studio-6.6.0xxxx.app/Contents/MacOS/*

>open WICED-Studio-6.6.0xxxx.app

0 Likes