WICED 6.2 failed to generate .hcd file for direct loading

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LJYe_2922526
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received 5 likes given

Hi wiced experts,

I'm attempting to upgrade my 20706 custom app from WICED 6.0 to 6.2. I was able to make my project compile, but I was given an error message at the last step when compiled output is converted to .hcd file for direct loading. I have tried to do the same for a demo project and the same error message showed up.

My make target for the demo project(no change from default provided after fresh installation):

demo.hci_audio_gateway-CYW920706WCDEVAL DIRECT_LOAD=1 build

Console:

10:09:16 **** Build of configuration Release for project 1.000D4_TestProjectSDK62 ****

"C:\\WICED-Studio-6.2-SDK\\20706-A2_Bluetooth\\make.exe" blackline_bt_app-CYW920706WCDEVAL DIRECT_LOAD=1 build

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patches start at                  0x000D0200 (RAM address)

Patches end at                    0x000DD7B8 (RAM address)

Application starts at             0x00217A38 (RAM address)

Application ends at               0x0021AD18 (RAM address)

Patch size                             54712 bytes

Application size                       13024 bytes

------

Total RAM footprint                    67736 bytes (66.1kiB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Converting CGS to HCD for direct load...

**** Conversion failed ****

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Add the VERBOSE=1 in Make target to see the full log during build to see if there is any clues.

Open the build/hci_audio_gateway-CYW920706WCDEVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/cgs2hex.log to check if there is any clues.

Regards

Jenson

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ShengY_96
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins Welcome!

Add the VERBOSE=1 in Make target to see the full log during build to see if there is any clues.

Open the build/hci_audio_gateway-CYW920706WCDEVAL-rom-ram-Wiced-release/cgs2hex.log to check if there is any clues.

Regards

Jenson

\WICED_SDK\\wiced_tools\CGS\Win32\cgs.exe is somehow missing from my WICED 6.2 installation folder. After I copied it from 6.0 everything worked.

Thanks for the help!