Upgrade FW without ble connection and with MCU via puart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
YaTr_3516311
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins First solution authored 100 replies posted

Hi,

I have a MCU to connect Cybt-343026-01 via puart. I want to upgrade bt modul’s FW. For example, puart receive a defined command, then transmit the needed fw data via puart. Is it Ok? I know I can use HCI uart command, but now I just connect mcu to bt via puart. and I see “wicked-hci-protocol” and “hci-uar-spi-bridge“ exampl, need SPI? I’m confuse.just connect mcu to bt via puart ok or no? or need other hardware pin needed?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes. It should be OK. Please be aware that the puart can only be used for upgrade. If you want to download FW, you must use the HCI UART with flow control.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

You can upgrade the FW through OTA, SPI or UART. But we only have code example for OTA.

Please refer to the doc/WICED Firmware Upgrade Library.pdf in the SDK for some details.

I see. So MCU with cybt343026-01 only connect with puart is OK(four pins). Right? No need other hardware connection?

0 Likes

Yes. It should be OK. Please be aware that the puart can only be used for upgrade. If you want to download FW, you must use the HCI UART with flow control.

0 Likes