There is no voice when CYBT_343026_EVAL used as controller

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
oxz1918
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi,

I have test the demo.audio.headset with WICED 6.2. I CYBT_343026_EVAL connect a audio board by I2S interface, there is also a mobile phone connect the  CYBT_343026_EVA by bluetooth . The A2dp and HFP  work well ,  I can hear voice when play music and make a call. 

But  when the CYBT_343026_EVAL user as controller,  our customer board work as host. When I use the host HFP or A2DP , profile, I can't hear any voice.  Could you give me some guide for this issue? Thank you very much!

0 Likes
8 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Do you mean the bluetooth stack is running on your host MCU, the module only acts as a bluetooth controller with the HCI interface?

0 Likes

Yes, the bluetooth stack is running on customer board, the CYBT_343026_EVAL is only used as bluetooth controller, they communicate over HCI command.  CYBT_343026_EVAL also have audio board connecting with it by I2S.

Is there any guide for this scenario? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

0 Likes

Usually, the A2DP audio data is sent to the host. The host will decode the data and send it to host's I2S interface. The controller will not route the audio data to its I2S.

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply. A2DP  audio data can be send to host. How about HFP audio data?

We find in Bluetooth Application Mode , the MCU uses the WICED HCI protocol to trigger audio data route to I2S.  WICED HCI protocol is not a standard HCI protocol.  So I want to know that can we use the WICED HCI protocol in Bluetooth HCI Mode?  If it possible, how to use it?

0 Likes

The WICED HCI protocol is used in MCU mode. It needs the related application code to handle the WICED HCI command. You can find the related code in headset demo in the function hci_control_proc_rx_cmd().

0 Likes

Yes, I see  the related code. Now , we use  CYBT_343026_EVAL as controller,  if the  controller can't route the audio data to its I2S,   can HFP audio data  be send to our host?

0 Likes

The voice data should be routed to the host by default. Please test to see if there is any problem.

0 Likes

We have test the A2DP and HFP when  CYBT_343026_EVAL used as controller. We can see A2DP voice data on host side .But for HFP, there are not  any  voice data sending to host side. 

By the way, I programed headset sample  to CYBT_343026_EVAL.  When CYBT_343026_EVAL is used as controller,   we can't see any log on controller side.

Our test  scenario is as follows:

-------------------------------------------

Bluethooth Host(customer board)

---------------------------------------------
|                                                   |
|                                                   | standard HCI Command
|                                                   |
------------------------------ ----                              --------------------------------

Controller (CYBT_343026)  ---I2S----            Audio board with speaker

-----------------------------------                              ------------------------------

Could you give me some suggestions how to test and trace it?    This issue is very important for us , could we  communicate by email or phone for convenient?  

Thanks a log.

0 Likes