Sensor Motion application: how to send data only to MeshClient

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaYe_4603801
Level 4
Level 4
5 likes given Welcome! 25 replies posted

Hello,

Actually the only option allowing MeshClient application (running on Windows) to receive messages from Sensor Motion node is to specify "all-nodes" value for "Send sensor measurement" parameter. But if I want Sensor Motion to send data only to MeshClient, how to proceed ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

By default the sensor is configured to publish data to a group if current group was configured, or to "all-nodes" if there were no group.

It can also configured to publish data to the predefined groups: all-nodes, all-proxy, all-friends, all-relays.

You may need to customize the MeshClient if you need some custom features.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

By default the sensor is configured to publish data to a group if current group was configured, or to "all-nodes" if there were no group.

It can also configured to publish data to the predefined groups: all-nodes, all-proxy, all-friends, all-relays.

You may need to customize the MeshClient if you need some custom features.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

I didn't see name of group in the list of possible options ... although group is configured.

0 Likes

I doubt you are not using correct version of meshclient. I am getting the list of group in the configuration settings (qwe, grp1 and grp2 are groups).

Capture.JPG

Please check the version.xml of wiced_btsdk. It should be "<version>2.1.0.4425</version>".

Otherwise please try to create a new MTB workspace  and import latest wiced_btsdk and applications. Also please try to create a new network in meshclient and try your experiment.

NOTE: please try to provide us full logs trace.txt of meshclient that you can get from "wiced_btsdk\tools\btsdk-peer-apps-mesh\Windows\MeshClient\Release\x86" if you have opened the meshclient from this directory.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

I use MeshClient as stand-alone application on Windows machine and BTK is on Linux machine.

There is no version.xml, concerning workspace I didn't understand what you mean: when I launch MeshClient, I wasn't requested to create a whatever workspace.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

What version of ModusToolbox IDE and wiced_btsdk are you using? I would suggest you to use the embedded app and meshclient peer app from the same version of SDK.

You can check the version of IDE and SDK in the following locations.

IDE: Open MTB IDE and Goto Help -> About ModusToolbox IDE

1.JPG

wiced_btsdk: import wiced_btsdk and open version.xml

2.JPG

NOTE: Please follow the attached quick start guide and user guide if you have any doubt in the usage of IDE.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

As I asked above please share the versions of IDE and SDK and make sure you have taken sensor motion app and meshclient app from the same version of BTSDK.

Also, Please share the meshclient.exe with me here. i will try to test it.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj