Re: CYW20706 Can I use i2c and PUART(rx,tx,rts,cts) at them same time?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ilHw_4713311
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 50 replies posted

I still need help.

it works.

wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( WICED_PUART_RXD, WICED_PUART_TXD, 0, 0);

it did not work.

wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( WICED_P33, WICED_P31, WICED_P03, WICED_P30);

Can I use puart flow control with Ev board? (CYW920706WCDEVAL)

0 Likes
10 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know what error are you getting? Could you please elaborate "it did not work"?

Is your application builds properly?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

First of all, It was my last query.

CYW20706 Can I use i2c and PUART(rx,tx,rts,cts) at them same time?

As I mentioned, I want to use PUART flow control.

for app build, of course it build well.

For my experience, if I turn on cts flow, it seemed no data transferred via puart.

wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( WICED_P33, WICED_P31, WICED_P03, WICED_P30);

wiced_hal_puart_flow_on

But I found 20706 shares i2c and cts in doc. So I'm asking you how I can use PUART flow control as well as i2c.

I cannot find appropriate sample.

0 Likes

Hi,

There is no direct dependency between I2C and PUART.

May I now which SDK (version) are you using?  I will try to reproduce the issue.

And could you clarify one thing. Are you saying PUART flow control works when you are not using I2C?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hello.

Here is SDK information.

WICED-SDK Version: Wiced_006.004.000.0061

b38d42ee8368ff374b13514286120afd9e788a07

I need iAP2 so i2c is required.

So how can I configure PUART flow control(cts/rts) with i2c?

0 Likes

HI,

Can you try setting  wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( WICED_P33, WICED_P31, WICED_P35, WICED_P30);

Please ensure that all the DIP switches for PUART are ON.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Of course I did according to datasheet.

As you know, wiced_hal_puart_flow_on() function should be called to enable flow control.

In my test, wiced_hal_puart_flow_on() function made PUART tx and rx on Ev board disabled.

So I ask you how I configure flow control with WICED_P35, WICED_P30

0 Likes

Hi,

For example: In the sample puart program (Link: Click Here), If you do below steps, the flow control will get enabled.

1. Change flow control pins as well in wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads. (wiced_hal_puart_select_uart_pads( WICED_P33, WICED_P31, WICED_P35, WICED_P30))
  2. Call wiced_hal_puart_flow_on() instead of wiced_hal_puart_flow_off().

Did you try it? Are you able to see the logs when using WICED_P35 instead of WICED_P03? Please confirm.

Seems like there is a slight mistake in the datasheet - page number: 11. In Table 4. CYW20706 Peripheral UART, the pins should be P31, P33, P35, and P30. I can see P3 is repetitively written in both the rows. But Table 7. CYW20706 49-Pin FBGA List clarifies it (P35 can be used as Peripheral UART: puart_cts).

Please Note: Only one of DIP switches 1 or 2 in SW5 should be turned ON at once (but never both), and only one of DIP switches 3 or 4 in in SW5 should be turned ON at once (but never both).

I suspect, when using p3 we are not able to see any logs, because the SPI signals are connected to the serial flash on this hardware. P3 can be multiplexed to SPI CLK of master/slave signals.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Now I see you message.

I already did your suggestion 1 and 2. and It was not effective for me.

For some reason, my project with 20706 has been suspended.

I'll ask this again next time.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi,

Also, please select no traces (WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_NONE) for wiced_set_debug_uart(). enabling puart logs can disable the flow control automatically.

Sure, Please reach out to us when you restart the project.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj,

This is Liam working for Cypress disty. as FAE in KR and user(ilHw_4713311) is one of our customer. Another customer also asked if flow control using puart is working. If you are okay, I'd like to continue to discuss this issue through mycase. Are you okay?

Thanks,

Liam