Questions about activating test mode.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
shga_3724686
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted

Hi,

At this point, I know how to use the tester to force Bluetooth into test mode.But I hava a idea: Can the tester be Bluetooth?  If it is possible, how to use another Bluetooth to send LMP PDUs to the DUT to activate test mode?

0 Likes
1 Solution

If the tester is bluetooth device, the command may not be LMP PDU. You need to define the command from the tester to the gateway. Then the gateway can translate your vendor command to HCI command and sent it to the DUT.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

There is no such way to do the test and the SIG also doesn't have the SPEC.

If you want to test it through OTA, you may connect the DUT with a host through HCI UART. Then the host(which also has BT capability) connects with another bluetooth device which can send command. But you need to define the command by yourself.

0 Likes

Thanks for your answer!

But, I am sorry that I didn't understand. Can you elaborate on the second half?

The command that I need to define is HCI command?  Do you mean to connect two controllers via two UARTs with one host? or use Bluetooth A connect to  Bluetooth B  as a master while connecting another Bluetooth C as a slave?

Thanks!

0 Likes

In the systme, there are three Bluetooth devices: the tester, DUT and another device(let's call it gateway). The tester send commands to the gateway with BT connection. The gateway connects with DUT through UART. The gateway also receive commands from the tester and translates it to HCI commands.

You should define the commands between tester and gateway. The gateway then sends test commands to the DUT.

Thanks for your patience, I still have a little problem.

I think the ultimate goal is to have the gateway send the LMP_test_activate PDU to the DUT to activate the test mode and use the LMP_test_control PDU for testing. So I need the gateway to translate the LMP PDU sent from the tester into an HCI command, but the LMP is under the HCI, will the data received by the gateway pass through the UART? How to translate it?

0 Likes

If the tester is bluetooth device, the command may not be LMP PDU. You need to define the command from the tester to the gateway. Then the gateway can translate your vendor command to HCI command and sent it to the DUT.