MeshLighting APP ota questions

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi all:

Now I use the MeshLighting  which  is supported  by cypress to give the device remote  firmware  upgrade .

the OTA interface is below:

5.jpg

the Firmware file is XXX-CYW920735Q60EVB_01-rom-ram-Wiced-release.ota.bin

but I don't know  what is the metadata file

there are some selections for example proxy DFU to all , proxy DFU to device,  app DFU to all , app DFU to device

I  don't know the difference between  them during OTA!

thanks!

mandy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Sample metadata file is attached in my previous post. Please check it.

Short description of the options are as below.

Proxy DFU to all: Provisioner updates the firmware for the proxy device, and the proxy device will distribute and updates the firmware to all the other nodes.

Proxy DFU to device: Provisioner updates the firmware for the proxy device, and the proxy device will distribute and updates the firmware to a selected node.

App DFU to all: Provisioner directly updates the firmware for all the nodes.

App DFU to device: Provisioner directly updates the firmware for a selected node.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

9 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

meta data file should contain company id and firmware id which you can get from the application file (.c). Sample metadata file is attached here.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  DheerajP_41:

I don't  know how to produce the metadata file , can you support me  a Sample metadata file?

thanks!

mandy

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  DheerajP_41:

Can you explain the difference between  "proxy DFU to all" , "proxy DFU to device",  "app DFU to all" , "app DFU to device" to me?

thanks!

mandy

0 Likes

Hi,

Sample metadata file is attached in my previous post. Please check it.

Short description of the options are as below.

Proxy DFU to all: Provisioner updates the firmware for the proxy device, and the proxy device will distribute and updates the firmware to all the other nodes.

Proxy DFU to device: Provisioner updates the firmware for the proxy device, and the proxy device will distribute and updates the firmware to a selected node.

App DFU to all: Provisioner directly updates the firmware for all the nodes.

App DFU to device: Provisioner directly updates the firmware for a selected node.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  DheerajP_41:

sorry.  there is no sample metadata file in your previous post !

I  doubt  if the current version mesh SDK has realized the "Proxy DFU to all"  "Proxy DFU to device"  "APP DFU to all "

Have you verified this functions on your side?

thanks!

mandy

0 Likes

Hi,

Yes, those functions should work.

But Proxy DFU to Device/all may take longer time to upgrade the firmware in WICED.

In ModusToolbox little more changes are there. I can see only three option. (Those are Proxy DFU to all, App DFU to all, App OTA to device).

Everything should work good in the latest MTB with latest BTSDK.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Dheeraj:

thank you for your reply!

I know the CYW20819 can be developed on the ModusToolbox.  what you said means the CYW20819 can support  the

Proxy DFU to all, App DFU to all?

has  the CYW20819 realized the BT mesh OTA?

thanks!

Mandy

0 Likes

Hi Mandy, the BT mesh OTA Firmware Upgrade functionality was included in the release by mistake. As you probably know, the DFU will be released by the BT SIG as a part of Mesh 1.1 release later this year. Cypress indeed has a pre spec version implemented, but it is not ready for production or even for evaluation. We apologize for the confusion it caused.

Thanks,

Victor

mawu_4270096
Level 5
Level 5

Hi  VictorZ_46, thanks, I  am very looking  forward to the Mesh 1.1!

thanks!

mandy

0 Likes