MBT does not work on 20719

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I followed all the instructions from Unable to open wmbt/mbt.exe  and it still doesn't work.  What is the problem?  I get this:

MBT_TRANSPORT: COM42

DOWNLOAD_BAUDRATE: 115200 (default)

APPLICATION_BAUDRATE: 115200 (default)

Sending HCI Command:

0000 < 03 0C 00 >

Received HCI Event:

0000 < 0A >

Failed execute_reset

If I put into recovery mode, reset works once and everything fails after that.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I can send mbt command with remove the "wiced_set_debug_uart( WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_PUART );" successfully. After download the application with HCI baudrate 115200, please plug out the kit from your computer and plug in again. Then I can send the mbt command.

For the download command, I also have the same problem as you. I recommend you to use the command line method to program the device if you don't want to use the SDK.

Please refer to part 2 of the following KBA "Programming using the command line" about how to program with command line. It is for the module product and also useful for chip.

Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeHu_3414236
Level 5
Level 5
10 likes received First like received

I got it to work after removing this from the makefile:

C_FLAGS += -DWICED_BT_TRACE_ENABLE

Why do I need to do this when other people got it working without this change?  Also I never got an answer from support why debug trace never worked when I set it to use PUART or HCI_UART.  I have to use WICED_UART and BTSpy.  I open the COM port under putty and see nothing.  Is there some problem with my Windows or driver setup?

0 Likes

Are you using the 20719Q40 kit board for your test? Please try to programm an application with HCI UART baudrate set to 115200 and try the mbt tool again.

0 Likes

I am using that board at 115200 and it only works if I remove this line from the hello_sensor test project:

wiced_set_debug_uart( WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_PUART );

I don't understand why PUART will interfere with HCI UART.  Also, does the app download function work with mbt?  I tried and it gives an error at the end and hangs at the last HCI reset.  The app does not run when I do power reset.

sending record at:0xffffffff

Sending HCI Command:

0000 < 4C FC 04 FF FF FF FF >

Received HCI Event:

0000 < 0E 04 01 4C FC 00 >

Success

Download .hcd file success

Sending HCI Command:

0000 < 4E FC 04 FF FF FF FF >

Received HCI Event:

0000 < 0E 04 01 4E FC 12 >

Failed SendLaunchRam

Failed to send launch RAM

Launch RAM success

Issue HCI Reset after downloading Application

Sending HCI Command:

0000 < 03 0C 00 >

0 Likes

I can send mbt command with remove the "wiced_set_debug_uart( WICED_ROUTE_DEBUG_TO_PUART );" successfully. After download the application with HCI baudrate 115200, please plug out the kit from your computer and plug in again. Then I can send the mbt command.

For the download command, I also have the same problem as you. I recommend you to use the command line method to program the device if you don't want to use the SDK.

Please refer to part 2 of the following KBA "Programming using the command line" about how to program with command line. It is for the module product and also useful for chip.

Programming an EZ-BT WICED Module – KBA223428