List of the standard C functions that are implemented?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StN__1917156
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

How can find list of the standard commonly used C functions that are implemented in CYW20719 in the ROM or through the API as I cant find them anywhere mentioned in the API reference?

Let say you've give me an alternative to use snprintf  instead of commonly used sprintf which is not implemented, but I cant find it in the docs - is there anywhere handy list what is implemented / what is not ?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hello StN._1917156​,

Unfortunately we do not provide the ROM FW information to customers. Let us know if you need support regarding any feature enhancement or error debugging issue, we will try to help you regarding the same.

Moreover, we have given access to necessary functions/APIs in the library files in WICED SDK, so that should be sufficient for any project development.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hello StN._1917156​,

Unfortunately we do not provide the ROM FW information to customers. Let us know if you need support regarding any feature enhancement or error debugging issue, we will try to help you regarding the same.

Moreover, we have given access to necessary functions/APIs in the library files in WICED SDK, so that should be sufficient for any project development.

But how this could work at all ?

Let look only at a single example: the snprintf function that you offer me to use instead of far more common sprintf function, is not documented anywhere in the SDK API reference, how suppose to guess that such a function is implemented?

while sprintf, that you said is not implemented, is given used as example in Peripheral UART (PUART)

Neither could be return by the Search box from the html API reference though

0 Likes

Yes, more detailed documentation would make programmer's life more easier I agree. But unfortunately, as of now we do not have any plans to document such functions.

Also, I can assure you that there are not much other 'hidden' functionalities in Cypress firmware code. We have provided access to necessary functions/APIs in library files to customers to experiment and do feature developement.