Is there any problem with Windows 10 updates and WICED USB drivers or just crappy Cypress hardware?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
StN__1917156
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Because my CYBT_413034_EVAL board stop working as before:

• - Every time before download new build I have to press “recover” and “reset” else it cant discover the device
  • - Pressing “Reset” doesn’t always restart the code downloaded
  • - All the examples I tried so far even when boot, doesn’t boot to the end and the examples doesn’t work properly as they worked before

So my primary suspects are either some Windows update that was automatically installed in the recent days or crappy CYBT_413034_EVAL that is about only a month old

Does anybody has/had similar problems?

0 Likes
1 Solution
StN__1917156
Level 4
Level 4

Ooops, sorry for misleading information - problem comes from the new WICED6.4.0. As soon as I restored back the WICED6.2.1 and install platform files for CYBT_413034_EVAL and I'm back in the game .

Didnt figure yet which of the files in WICED6.4.0 are missing or bad (because  WICED6.4.0 already have CYBT_413034 platform in the installation included), will post soon a bug report and if Cypress team dont provide ready solution will waste few more hours to trace and find fix (hopefully) for this problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
StN__1917156
Level 4
Level 4

Ooops, sorry for misleading information - problem comes from the new WICED6.4.0. As soon as I restored back the WICED6.2.1 and install platform files for CYBT_413034_EVAL and I'm back in the game .

Didnt figure yet which of the files in WICED6.4.0 are missing or bad (because  WICED6.4.0 already have CYBT_413034 platform in the installation included), will post soon a bug report and if Cypress team dont provide ready solution will waste few more hours to trace and find fix (hopefully) for this problem.

0 Likes

Hi StN._1917156​,

This will be discussed under the discussion thread you created: BugS Report:  WICED6.4.0/Missing files

0 Likes