Is it possible to get BLE adv channel number from BLE scan result?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LJYe_2922526
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 10 likes received 5 likes given

Hi Forum,

It's a long shot, but we are interested in getting the BLE advertising channel number when we receive a adv packet.

Can we use the 'flag' field in wiced_bt_ble_scan_results_t at all?

Thanks,

LJ

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi LJ,

You can set the desired advertising channel using .ble_advert_cfg in wiced_app_config.c file but I do not think it is possible to distinguish between the advertising channel at the receiving end (scanning). If we think of sending adv channel info in advertisement packet, I do not see any specific field for the same in wiced_bt_ble_advert_type_t or anywhere else. You can check below thread for reference:Re: scan channel mask

Which device you are using? I came across following thread but the implementation is for PSoC devices: Can I scan advertisements on only one channel?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi LJ,

You can set the desired advertising channel using .ble_advert_cfg in wiced_app_config.c file but I do not think it is possible to distinguish between the advertising channel at the receiving end (scanning). If we think of sending adv channel info in advertisement packet, I do not see any specific field for the same in wiced_bt_ble_advert_type_t or anywhere else. You can check below thread for reference:Re: scan channel mask

Which device you are using? I came across following thread but the implementation is for PSoC devices: Can I scan advertisements on only one channel?

0 Likes