I want to know how I can configure the BLE module in low energy mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jama_4535901
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Excuse me

Is the vendor specific code shown in the examples already in low power mode? or the vendor specific code example is not in low power mode?

I am using CYBT-213043-MESH

I want to know how I can configure this code so that it is in the maximum low energy mode

I want the CYBT-213043-MESH to use the vendor specific code with a very low power consumption so that the battery it uses can last a long time

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi i jama_4535901,

I believe you are asking about mesh application.

Please enable mesh LOW_POWER_NODE in the application if you want to lower the power consumption. Please make sure this feature is suitable for your application scenario. You need a friend node as well inorder to make it work, as mentioned in the mesh spec.

Please refer mesh demo examples. low_power_led, sensor_temperature, etc are already configured for low power node (by default it is not in LPN state).

GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-examples-CYBT-213043-MESH-btsdk-mesh-demo: Mesh Demo Examples

Please refer mesh spec for more details of low power node.

https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/

#if defined(LOW_POWER_NODE) && (LOW_POWER_NODE == 1)

.features           = WICED_BT_MESH_CORE_FEATURE_BIT_LOW_POWER, // A bit field indicating the device features. In Low Power mode no Relay, no Proxy and no Friend

.friend_cfg         =                                           // Empty Configuration of the Friend Feature

{

.receive_window = 0,                                        // Receive Window value in milliseconds supported by the Friend node.

.cache_buf_len  = 0,                                        // Length of the buffer for the cache

.max_lpn_num    = 0                                         // Max number of Low Power Nodes with established friendship. Must be > 0 if Friend feature is supported.

},

.low_power          =                                           // Configuration of the Low Power Feature

{

.rssi_factor           = 2,                                 // contribution of the RSSI measured by the Friend node used in Friend Offer Delay calculations.

.receive_window_factor = 2,                                 // contribution of the supported Receive Window used in Friend Offer Delay calculations.

.min_cache_size_log    = 3,                                 // minimum number of messages that the Friend node can store in its Friend Cache.

.receive_delay         = 100,                               // Receive delay in 1 ms units to be requested by the Low Power node.

.poll_timeout          = 200                                // Poll timeout in 100ms units to be requested by the Low Power node.

},

#else

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

6 Replies