I need help with the wiced_bt_mesh_create_event function in BLE MESH

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jama_4535901
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Please

Can you help me?

I want the CYBT-213043-MESH board with the code: Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_vendor_specific_app

send a message ( "0x01,0x02,0x03,0x04,0x05,0x06") to CYBT-213043-MESH  board with code: Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c or other CYBT-213043-MESH  board with code: mesh_vendor_specific_app

But I don't want to use the function: mesh_vendor_server_send_data (wiced_bt_mesh_create_reply_event (p_event), MESH_VENDOR_OPCODE3, p_buffer, data_len +1);

Now I want to use the function: wiced_bt_mesh_create_event

I want to know, these are the lines that I should use ?:

p_event = wiced_bt_mesh_create_event (element_idx, company_id, model_id, dst, app_key_idx);

if (p_event == NULL)

{

WICED_BT_TRACE ("app_proc_rx_cmd: no mem \ n");

return WICED_TRUE;

}

mesh_vendor_server_send_data (p_event, cmd_opcode, p_data + 6, length - 6);

how can i use this function wiced_bt_mesh_create_event

i don't understand what it is: element_idx, company_id, model_id, dst, app_key_idx

Please

Can you help me?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

mesh_vendor_specific_app is a sample implementation of mesh vendor model.

Please check wiced_bt_mesh_event.h for the detailed description about mesh event APIs and usage.

I'm Afraid, I did not understand the below statement.

"But I don't want to use the function: mesh_vendor_server_send_data (wiced_bt_mesh_create_reply_event (p_event), MESH_VENDOR_OPCODE3, p_buffer, data_len +1);"    -> 

mesh_vendor_server_send_data() wrapper function used to send the VS data and status messages between VS client and server.

I would suggest you to go through the below documents to understand the mesh architecture and basics.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

mesh_vendor_specific_app is a sample implementation of mesh vendor model.

Please check wiced_bt_mesh_event.h for the detailed description about mesh event APIs and usage.

I'm Afraid, I did not understand the below statement.

"But I don't want to use the function: mesh_vendor_server_send_data (wiced_bt_mesh_create_reply_event (p_event), MESH_VENDOR_OPCODE3, p_buffer, data_len +1);"    -> 

mesh_vendor_server_send_data() wrapper function used to send the VS data and status messages between VS client and server.

I would suggest you to go through the below documents to understand the mesh architecture and basics.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes