When sending data from PC via USB serial port to CYSPP CYBT-483039-EVAL, it appears to be over-running the CYBT, without CYBT ever asserting PUART_RTS low.
- CYSPP CYBT-483039-EVAL is connected to iOS app using EZ-Serial BLE CYSPP
- Data is being sent using the Acknowledged Characteristic (101)
- PUART SW5 are all turned On
- After press reset switch on eval board, I see UART RTS pin Arduino J7-P6 go high on oscilloscope
- I set CYBT and flow control by sending following command to PUART from the PC.
When PC starts sending file data to PUART over USB serial, I see the data being received on the iOS side, however, some data is missing.
I expected PUART RTS to be asserted low to prevent 3 MB of file data from over-running the CYBT, when sending data to PUART_RX ?
I do not see UART_RTS on pin Arduino J7-P6 being set low during the 3MB file transmission.
What are potential solutions to prevent data over-running when sending data to PUART RX for transmission to iOS device?
Solved! Go to Solution.
- Flow control PUART
I have confirmed data is missing using a nRF BLE Sniffer and Wireshark. Also by analyzing the data received by the iOS app from the CYSPP Acknowledged data characteristic notify value. I cannot find any BLE protocol problem.
I suspect that my PC that is sending to the PUART is over-running the CYBT UART_RX without ever seeing the UART_RTS line being driven low.
Is there additional configuration needed to make flow-control work on PUART ?