How use PUART RTS flow control with EZ-Serial CYSPP CYBT-483039-EVAL ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
edOfTheInfineon
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 25 sign-ins

When sending data from PC via USB serial port to CYSPP CYBT-483039-EVAL, it appears to be over-running the CYBT, without CYBT ever asserting PUART_RTS low.

• CYSPP CYBT-483039-EVAL is connected to iOS app using EZ-Serial BLE CYSPP
  • Data is being sent using the Acknowledged Characteristic  (101)
  • PUART SW5 are all turned On
  • After press reset switch on eval board, I see UART RTS pin Arduino J7-P6 go high on oscilloscope
  • I set CYBT and flow control by sending following command to PUART from the PC.
  • "STU,B=1C200,D=8,F=1,P=0,S=1\r\n"

When PC starts sending file data to PUART over USB serial, I see the data being received on the iOS side, however, some data is missing.

I expected  PUART RTS to be asserted low to prevent 3 MB of file data from over-running the CYBT, when sending data to PUART_RX ?

I do not see UART_RTS on pin Arduino J7-P6 being set low during the 3MB file transmission.

What are potential solutions to prevent data over-running when sending data to PUART RX for transmission to iOS device?

Thank you,

-Ed

0 Likes
1 Solution
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @edOfTheInfineon ,

Hope you have received the new EZ serial firmware through the mail chain. Are you still facing any issues?

Thanks and regards,
Advait Kulkarni

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
edOfTheInfineon
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 10 replies posted 25 sign-ins

I have confirmed data is missing using a nRF BLE Sniffer and Wireshark.  Also by analyzing the data received by the iOS app from the CYSPP Acknowledged data characteristic notify value.  I cannot find any BLE protocol problem.

I suspect that my PC that is sending to the PUART is over-running the CYBT UART_RX without ever seeing the UART_RTS line being driven low. 

Is there additional configuration needed to make flow-control work on PUART ?

Thank you,
-Ed

0 Likes
advait_kulkarni
25 likes received 250 sign-ins 100 solutions authored

Hi @edOfTheInfineon ,

Hope you have received the new EZ serial firmware through the mail chain. Are you still facing any issues?

Thanks and regards,
Advait Kulkarni

0 Likes