How to restore previous state of GPIO after power cycle in mesh OnOff server CYW20706

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiA_4003596
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

Could anyone please suggest how to restore previous state of GPIO after power cycle in mesh OnOff server application code for CYW20706 based CYBT-343026 module. I have enabled this element .onpowerup_state = WICED_BT_MESH_ON_POWER_UP_STATE_RESTORE in the application code but it didn't work out for me.

State of GPIO (RELAY_GPIO_1), which I configured as output, should be switched by pressing On/Off button on the mobile application. I want to keep the same state (last status by mobile application) of RELAY_GPIO_1 after power goes off and comes back. In order to do that, I have used NVRAM function. Is there any other good way of doing this?

Please check the attachment for entire code written in Modustoolbox with 2.7 SDK release.

void mesh_onoff_server_process_status(uint8_t element_idx, wiced_bt_mesh_onoff_status_data_t *p_status)

{

wiced_result_t status;

uint8_t powerState = 0;

/* Write status change to NVRAM */

powerState = p_status->present_onoff;

wiced_hal_write_nvram( 0x05, 1, &powerState, &status );

/* Process relay with the status changed */

if(p_status->present_onoff)

{

wiced_hal_gpio_set_pin_output( RELAY_GPIO_1, GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_HIGH);

}

else

{

wiced_hal_gpio_set_pin_output( RELAY_GPIO_1, GPIO_PIN_OUTPUT_LOW);

}

}

Regards,

NK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The attached file seems to be empty.

Anyway, If it is for lighting application, I would suggest you to pick up more appropriate mesh application, something like mesh_light_lightness_server, where the generic power on/off server is already implemented. And then develop your functionality on top of it. You can try using light_dimmable demo app directly which is a complete demonstration (where the on board LED is being controlled from the mobile app) light_lightness_server mesh model.

Based on the other functionalities (e.g.color), you can try choosing other lighting mesh models as well (e.g. light_hsl_ctl_server) and develop on top of it..

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
NiA_4003596
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

This is for led lighting application, It should restore the last power state on/off after power cycle. Also, please let know whether present_onoff or target_onoff to be used in mesh_onoff_server_process_status.

Please check the attachment for entire code.

Regards,

NK

0 Likes

Hi,

The attached file seems to be empty.

Anyway, If it is for lighting application, I would suggest you to pick up more appropriate mesh application, something like mesh_light_lightness_server, where the generic power on/off server is already implemented. And then develop your functionality on top of it. You can try using light_dimmable demo app directly which is a complete demonstration (where the on board LED is being controlled from the mobile app) light_lightness_server mesh model.

Based on the other functionalities (e.g.color), you can try choosing other lighting mesh models as well (e.g. light_hsl_ctl_server) and develop on top of it..

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Likes